Advancement Coordinator - IAWAH Christian Ministries, Godfrey, ON
Advancement Coordinator - IAWAH Christian Ministries, Godfrey, ON (Posted: 2/27/2017; Closing when filled)
IAWAH seeks an Advancement Coordinator (AC) to facilitate stronger communication and relationship building within IAWAH’s constituency. The AC will increase communication with four overlapping circles of people; donors, corporation members, alumni and volunteers. The outcome will be an engaged, educated and enthusiastic supporting community, and as a result a thriving ministry. Working in cooperation with the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be able to execute IAWAH’s Development plan, initiate within the four stated communities, work independently, follow through on projects and effectively collaborate with IAWAH team members, volunteers and stakeholders.
We are seeking an Advancement Coordinator who.....
- Has a passion to see God's Kingdom grow; and ability to work in a team setting.
- Is highly self-motivated, organized and has an ability to get the job done.
- Shows strong attention to detail and follow-through in all tasks. Can multi-task.
- Has strong communication skills including phoning, emails and computers.
- Enjoys making new friends and networking at events.
- Has fundraising experience; and/or a demonstrated commitment to philanthropy.
The Advancement Coordinator role includes...
- Volunteer recruitment, placement and recognition
- Assisting with special events; planning, set-up, execution, hosting and follow-up
- Donor communication, conversations, record keeping and follow-up
- Alumni communication, alumni events and special projects
- Membership communication and conversations
- Collecting stories, testimonies from the ministry and writing
- Communication through social media channels
- Telephone and face to face conversations
- Working with Staff and Board members, volunteers and committees.
The following skills will be considered assets:
- A background in either communications, fundraising, or writing
- Marketing or event planning experience
- Data-base management skills
- Experience with social media
IAWAH Christian Ministries is a non-denominational, charitable, year-round ministry based on a 200+ acre waterfront property near Westport, ON. The focus of the ministry is youth discipleship through providing youth leadership programs, summer camps, family experiences and year-round retreat and conference facilities.
IAWAH exists to plant seeds of faith, nurture disciples, and cultivate Godly character and leadership.
“The vision of IAWAH is to develop deeply rooted followers of Jesus who are equipped for God’s harvest – wherever they are planted.”
Further information (vision, core values and beliefs) available at www.iawah.com
Interested individuals can apply by providing a cover letter, résumé and three references to:
IAWAH Christian Ministries
c/o Jeff Friesen, Executive Director
304 Iawah Road, Godfrey, Ontario K0H 1T0
613-273-5621 fax 613-273-3487
Applications will be considered until a suitable candidate is hired.