Assistant Dining Room Manager - Fair Havens Ministries, Beaverton, ON
Assistant Dining Room Manager - Fair Havens Ministries, Beaverton, ON (Posted: 9/16/2018; Closing when filled)
Job Title: Dining Room Assistant Manager
Employment Type: 24 to 40 hours weekly
Possible Start Date: Immedietly
Located in Beaverton ON, Fair Havens Ministries is a Christian, non-profit organization composed of a summer Family Camp, Retreat Centre, Outdoor Christian Education Centre, as well as a Youth Discipleship program.
Our mission is to host and facilitate ‘life changing experiences to the glory of God’ through the provision of a conference and retreat centre along with biblically based programming in support of the Kingdom vision God has given us. Our vision is to faithfully and with integrity administer our God-given resources and be led by a motivated and supported staff and volunteer community.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to work alongside our Food Services Team. Dining Room Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for; providing an exceptional guest experience for our guest, overseeing all day-to-day service operations, providing direction to serving personnel and maintaining a safe, orderly and sanitized dining room and kitchen.
Key Job Functions
• Providing service to 30-240 guests at any given meal
• Provide leadership, ongoing training, and guidance to serving and dishwashing staff throughout the duration of each shift.
• Maintain dining room through inspecting, monitoring and cleaning of food service stations, beverage stations, tables, floors and windows.
• Ensures quality control of all meals, salad bar, and special diet requests.
• Resolves food service issues in conjunction with the Executive Chef/Sous Chef.
• Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization. Participates in daily cleaning routines.
• Is aware of and abides by all Health and Safety and Food Handling requirements.
• Plan and implement on going training of staff.
Skills and Attributes
• Customer service oriented and highly motivated, goal-driven and a self–starter.
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building skills and a team player.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Task orientated, problem solver, excellent planning, organizing and efficiency skills
• Ability to lift and move 10 to 40 lbs and able to stand, walk and work for 6 to 8 hours
• To communicate, both written and verbal, with guests and staff
• Highschool diploma
• 2+ years in food service (preferred)
• Leadership and management experience (preferred)
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to Mike Rae at Mrae@fairhavens.org