Assistant to the Director - Gimli Bible Camp, Gimli, MB
Assistant to the Director - Gimli Bible Camp, Gimli, MB (Posted: 3/16/2019; Closing when filled)
Reports To: Camp Director
Overview of Role:
One Hope Canada is considered a Religious Order under the provisions of the CRA and as such, missionary employment with One Hope Canada is seen as following God’s unique invitation. Members, and those aspiring to be members, must be in agreement with standards of spiritual and personal suitability, and are therefore required to sign a Statement of Affirmation annually.
Empowered by the Director, the Site Director, with the tools and resources provided, is entrusted with fulfilling the purpose of One Hope Canada both personally and within their camp, and is responsible for all maintenance and upkeep of the camp. This includes working with and leading summer maintenance teams and work crew.
● To present the Gospel, particularly to those having the least opportunity to hear of Christ, and especially to children and youth, and to disciple believers for living and serving through His church
○ The salvation of the lost and spiritual growth of the saved is our major objective. "So that we may present everyone perfect in Christ Jesus." Colossians 1:28.
● To accomplish the primary objective through camping ministry, by effectively planning programs and other activities related to Gimli Bible Camp.
● Ensure the Gospel is a part of all aspects of camp and other ministries
● Maintaining the Camp facilities as directed by the Camp Director.
○ Vehicles and Equipment
○ Volunteers and campers in the Work Crew Program
● Monitor activities to ensure safety procedures are followed
● Promote the camp within the local church and community
● Manage crises as they arise and follow appropriate procedures
● The Site Manager is not a voting member of the Board but may be asked or may ask to attend a meeting when needed with speaking privileges.
● Submit a monthly written report or journal
● Manage expenses
● Host Guest/Rental Groups
● Passion for sharing the Gospel
● Consistency in work
● Strong communication skills
● Vision for facilities
● Post-secondary Bible training
● Team player
● Truly born again (1 Peter 1:25)
● In good standing with and evangelical church
● Called by God to this ministry
Education and Experience
● Experience in camping ministry is an asset
● Gifted in building and maintenance
● Management experience
While performing the role of a Site Director it is important to be able to move around the campsite and fulfill all maintenance requirement issues.
For more information or to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.