Managing Director, Camp Peniel, Yarmouth, NS
Managing Director - Camp Peniel, Yarmouth, NS (Posted: 03/27/2019; Closing: 06/2019)
The Board of Directors at Camp Peniel is seeking a Candidate to begin September 2019 for a full time Managing Director. For more information on Camp Peniel please visit our website www.camppeniel.ca
Summary of Position
- Provide leadership and manage the programs and operation of the Camp within the Policies and Procedures approved by the Board.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Administration and Financial:
- Works within the budget prepared by the Treasurer and the Board ensuring that we are reaching our objectives and targets.
- Works with the Board to set up a Strategic Plan (1-5 years) and for Site Development
- Explore government incentives both Provincial and Federal, as well as the many local grants that are available.
- Fundraising, and working with and recruiting donors
- Maintain relations with CCI (Christian Camping International), CCCC (Council of Canadian Christian Charities), and CANSPEI (Camping Association of Nova Scotia and PEI)
- Maintain interaction with our Baptist Association, churches, Pastors and contact people. Develop and implement a program to visit churches in the Association at least once a year. Promotion is to be done in the Community as well.
- Communicate “critical incident” information to the Board Executive.
- Responsible for the development and marketing plan. Ensure there is a Camp Peniel brand for all things relating to the Camp and its functions.
- Off Season work to initiate and develop Youth Events as determined for the Yarmouth Association of Baptist Churches
- Serve as a role model for staff and lead by active participation in daily running of the Camp
- Provide administrative leadership, direction and guidance to ensure all campers/guests are properly served and that the Board’s directives are carried out
- Supervise and set priorities for Summer Assistant Director and his/her involvement with staff and Camp programs, retreats and rental groups.
- Responsible for the employment (within the provided policies), evaluation, termination, suspension and discipling of all staff.
- Identify Policy issues and make recommendation to the Board of Directors.
Qualifications included but are not limited to:
- Must have a high level of Christian commitment and demonstrated spiritual leadership and maturity in both personal and professional relationships. The Camp Director must possess a vision and calling for the ministry of Christian camping.
- Must be, or be willing to be, a member of an Atlantic Baptist Association Church in the Yarmouth area.
- Have practical experience in Christian camping and how it functions locally and globally.
- The Camp Director is the minimum age of majority, has a minimum of 4 years of camp related experience and a minimum of 2 years in administration, programming, and/or other similar experience.
- Post-secondary degree or a combination of post-secondary education and 4 years relevant experience. A degree in a related field is preferred.
- Must be a leader as he/she would be responsible to oversee the Executive Secretary (part time), Summer Directors and 20-25 Summer Staff Members.
- Marketing/Promotion skills.
- Computer systems experience (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point). Web design would be a valuable asset.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written and be gifted in the areas of leadership, strategic planning, organizational management, teaching and developing.
- Must have proven ability to delegate responsibility and ensure accountability and an understanding and appreciation of the Board governing process and the Board/Administrative relationship.
Terms of Employment
This position’s terms of employment will be covered in the interview process and/or contract.
Please direct inquiries/resumes to: Caminard5@yahoo.ca