Dining Room Servers - Fair Havens Ministries, Beaverton, ON
Dining Room Servers - Fair Havens Ministries, Beaverton, ON (Posted: 4/12/2019; Closing: 5/17/2019)
Each summer we hire servers and hosts in our Riverside Dining Room, to serve our Christian Summer Family Camp guests.
- Providing service to 100-240 guests at any given meal;
- Setting and clearing tables, restocking, cleaning, organizing;
- Displaying an outgoing and positive attitude to both coworkers and Dining Room guests;
- Being aware of and abiding by Health and Safety and Food Handling requirements;
- The ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Organizational ability;
- Strong verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work well in a team environment;
- Ability to lift and move 10 to 40 lbs and able to stand, walk and work for 6 to 8 hours
We hire the majority of our summer staff through our Stepping Stones Discipleship Program, which includes training, programming/special events, and onsite room and board. We do occasionally hire local summer staff outside of the Stepping Stones Program, but room and board is not guaranteed for these exceptions.
Food handling or hosting experience an asset, but not necessary for this role, as we provide training.
Please review our website, particularly our Family Camp and Stepping Stones pages to gain an understanding of how our organization operates, including our Mission, Vision, and Values.