Director (Part Time) - Harbour Ridge Camp, Bloomfield, ON
Director (Part Time) - Harbour Ridge Camp, Bloomfield, ON (Posted: 2/20/2019; Closing when filled)
The Harbour Ridge Camp Director, under the direction of the Executive Director, will primarily be responsible to plan, coordinate, and oversee all children and youth camps at Harbour Ridge Camp - Wesley Acres, which promote the mission of the organization and that reach a variety of demographics. This role will also be responsible for hiring and training Harbour Ridge summer staff and volunteers throughout the duration of the various camps. The Director must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies and the proven ability to effectively lead a team.
- Project Management - Accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects. Sets out goals, objectives, and work plans to complete tasks and projects. Detemines where work needs to be delegated.
- Ownership - Takes pride in the work that is accomplished, and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization. Ensures deadlines are met and work is completed properly.
- Organization - Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Innovative - Able to think outside of the box in order to develop creative and new solutions or products that meet current and future needs.
- Adaptability - Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and requirements.
- Resourceful - Responds to difficult situations or workplace requirements by using the available tools and information to support decisions and solutions.
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Leadership - Works well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement, and direction.
- Coaching - Engages in regular, structured discussions with employees in order to encourage and improve individual employee performance, and attain organizational objectives.
- Managing Performance - Identifies employee's strengths and weaknesses and provides long-term direction and support regarding areas of growth.
- Continuous Improvement - Strives to improve job responsibilities through developing skills and increasing knowledge.
- Continuously promote the mission, vision, and values of Wesley Acres and its ministries through a variety of programs
- Oversees the development of the camp program and approves all camp activities.
- Hires, disciplines, supervises all staff members. If a staff member needs to be terminated, the Camp Director will work with the Executive Director to lay down the ground rules for dismissal
- Conducts Risk Management training and conducts appropriate screening of all staff and volunteers
- Produces forms, letters and pertinent documents needed for the implementation of the camps
- Handles questions, problems and concerns of parents/guardians before and during camp
- Observes the peer culture to see if there are any problems and implement solutions as necessary
- Establishes a procedure for handling all difficulties related to health, behavior, and other problems and report incidents through proper documentation and to appropriate departments as needed
- Monitors and ensures appropriate camper and staff behavior and adherence to camp rules and regulations
- Schedules small group meetings with staff on a regular basis and as needed
- Works closely, cooperatively and amicably with all staff members
- Handles emergency situations in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Assesses the overall program to see if there are any changes that need to be made for optimum functioning
- Completes and/or oversees the completion of all documents (contracts, schedules, program evaluations, etc.)
- One year of experience in a camp management role and two years of experience in a summer camp role.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team to achieve and exceed their goals
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Possess good leadership abilities, management, and organizational skills
- Patient, self-controlled, and dependable
- Flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Overtime as required
- Interaction with children, youth, parents, and the public at large
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals
Phone: 613-393-3159 Email: email@example.com Web: www.harbourridgecamp.com