ESL Teacher - Frontier Trails Camp, Eganville, ON (Posted:1/31/18; Closing: When filled)
Responsible to: The Program Director
GENERAL PURPOSE: To provide a safe, healthy, spiritual environment for your assigned campers
ESL teachers who can work with children 6-16, providing English instruction to classes or individual campers.
Responsibilities: ESL teachers may develop a curriculum that focus on a specific aspect of language use, such as life skills, literacy, and camp activities. Teaching students basic English skills, such as listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Classroom work can consist of rote pronunciation techniques, quizzes, textbooks, videos and computer lessons. Teachers often combine basic studies with real-life interactions involving language use in different situations, such as camp activities, meal times etc.
• organizing courses
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to individuals or a class.
• preparing teaching materials
• helping campers improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills via individual and group sessions
• checking and assessing pupils' work
• Attending campers other activities if possible ie talent show Friday Evening.
• Possible Course Description: ESL Program for Learners Aged 6-16: Each hour English lessons designed to introduce 15 to 20 new words to the student. Theme-based topics: horsebackriding, mealtimes, hobbies, nature, animals, & related vocabulary. Question/answer practice exercises, & workbook for in-class use
• General Description: in keeping with the ''fun'' side of camp, this program is geared to encourage speaking as opposed to writing proficiency. By using picture images, with English labels, each child gains a certain level of familiarity with the terminology presented.
• Fact finding, in the form of question/answer exercises, is also emphasized to assist the student in communicating with other English-speaking campers and staff.
Requirements: Belief in and support the mission of Frontier Trails Camp (required)
First Aid & CPR an asset