Executive Director - Frontier Lodge, Nordegg, AB
Executive Director - Frontier Lodge, Nordegg, AB (Posted: 5/21/2019; Closing: 8/31/2019)
A Letter from the Board of Directors
Thank you for your interest in the Executive Director role at Frontier Lodge.
Frontier Lodge is in an exciting place to be. We have stable finances, highly satisfied groups who return year after year, a talented staff team and clear direction. We live, work and play in the Rocky Mountains right by Banff National Park. And, most importantly, we get to love, host, inspire, and challenge participants towards the one true God.
We are a year-round Christian Outdoor Adventure Center and are aspiring to be the very best at providing “well facilitated, transformational, outdoor adventures.” Our calling is that through providing excellent adventure and hospitality we can “inspire people to experience and know the Goodness of God.”
We value missional community where Christ is our standard and hope. We value each individual we come in contact with. We value experiences in the outdoors that connect us to our Creator.
Our organization is currently in need of an Executive Director. This position is ideally suited for someone who likes to work collaboratively and enjoys multiple facets of running an organization: marketing, sales, finance, human resources and fundraising. The position requires a high level of creativity, organization, problem solving, sales and customer service. We are a growing organization and this role will be dynamic, challenging and rewarding for the right individual.
The right person might have a background in business education, work experience in one or more different business disciplines, a background in the camp or outdoor field, and/or a high level of willingness to learn and grow into the position. There is no one “right” individual for this position- but the right individual will certainly be passionate about Frontier Lodge and eager to improve the impact of the ministry.
Would you consider joining us?
Frontier Lodge Board of Directors
Executive Director Job Description
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
This position will provide leadership to the ministry and mission of Frontier Lodge in alignment with Frontier Lodge’s Core Purpose, Mission, and Statement of Faith. The Executive Director will oversee and grow the organization through visionary spiritual leadership, and be accountable for all aspects of the ministry. This includes oversight of finances, human resources, facilities, marketing, operations, administration, programming, public relations, environmental impact, and the spiritual health of the organization.
The Executive Director should feel they can thrive in a non-bureaucratic, dynamic and fast- moving environment. The staff of Frontier Lodge enjoy a high degree of autonomy and empowerment based on their demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and integrity while adhering to an overarching mandate to drive a high level of service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide spiritual direction and leadership for the Frontier Lodge community.
2. Build, train, organize, care for, and lead a staff team of 16-24 individuals capable of furthering the mission of Frontier Lodge.
3. Ensure the financial viability of Frontier Lodge.
4. Ensure all activities and resources are directed towards furthering the mission of Frontier Lodge.
5. Protect and build the reputation of Frontier Lodge.
6. Provide open and transparent communication to the Board of Directors.
Qualifications & Experience
The following are the minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the duties of Executive Director:
● Spiritual maturity and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
● Value the Frontier Lodge mission statement of “Using God’s wilderness to reach, teach and train youth and adults for Jesus Christ”
● A Bachelor Degree in a related field is considered an asset, but commensurate experience will be considered
● Experience in leadership, management, team building and financial responsibility
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● Excellent organizational skills
● Flexibility to work irregular and extended hours as required
● Ability to travel to represent and promote Frontier Lodge
● Accept the Frontier Camping Society Statement of Faith
Competencies and Strengths
● Strategic Planning
● Emotional Resiliency
● Develops Self and Others
● Builds Collaborative Environments
● Develops Networks
● Business Acumen
The application process will be open until the position has been filled. The Board of Directors will contact those selected to schedule an initial interview. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send your resume with a cover letter describing your interest in this position to Jeffery Sutherland, Vice Chair of the Board of Directors for Frontier Lodge, at email@example.com. If you have any questions about the position you can reach Jeffery at 780-862-5397. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about who we are and what we do check out our website at www.frontierlodge.ca.