Kitchen Admin Assistant - Muskoka Woods, Rosseau, ON
Kitchen Admin Assistant - Muskoka Woods, Rosseau, ON (Posted: 5/21/2019; Closing: 7/7/2019)
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau, we specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Job Title: Kitchen Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Chef
Employment Status: Full Time – Salary plus benefits
Location: At our Resort in Rosseau, ON
The primary purpose of this position is to assist it provided excellent customer service to our guests and staff through administrative support to the Executive Chef and to the kitchen as a whole.
Key Job Functions:
• Process Kitchen related invoices, keep accurate tracking system, ensure all invoicing is up to date
• Track food purchases for CEO Lodge and Leadership Studio
• Track and process Food Requisitions for Schools & Groups and Summer Programs
• Track food purchases for special events ie: Presidents Dinner etc
Support Executive Chef
• Meet Weekly with Executive Chef
• Prepare expenses, photo copying, writing letters etc.
• Schedule and attend meetings, take minutes, manage to do lists, send reminders
• Other miscellaneous administrative /support tasks
Kitchen Communication and Administration:
• Interdepartmental Communications - Including documentation of Kitchen Blueprint and Special Diets
• Maintain an organized filing system
• Assist with purchasing and tracking inventory
• Manage scheduling of Cooks, Service Staff and Part Time employees, vacations and time off.
• Manage Special Diet communication by contacting guests and parents and connecting with Head Chef, communicating with the kitchen team.
• Coordinate weekly Level 10 meetings for all kitchen staff
• Maintain Budget and inventory of kitchen office supplies
• Participate in meetings as required
• Support kitchen operations as needed including service and dishes
• Participate in corporate events including Town Hall and Annual Retreat
• 1-3 years of administrative experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Doc’s
• Organized, task oriented and attention to detail
• Customer focus and friendly demeanour
• Team player, self-motivated, takes initiative and has good time management skills
• A desire to serve in ministry using your unique gifts and abilities to contribute to the overall mission of serving youth a Muskoka Woods
• Ability to sit, talk, hear, see and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
• Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
• Ability to communicate both written and verbal with guests and staff.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Thanks for your interest in Muskoka Woods!