Leadership Studio Facilitator - Muskoka Woods, Rosseau, ON
Leadership Studio Facilitator - Muskoka Woods, Rosseau, ON (Posted: 12/11/2018; Closing: 3/4/2019)
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau, we specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Job Title: Leadership Studio Facilitator
Reports to: Leadership Studio Director
Employment Status: 1 year contract
Location: At our Resort in Rosseau Ont.
At Muskoka Woods, we believe leadership is about moving forward with thoughtful and positive impact. We also believe it is an important character trait to develop at all ages and stages of life. The Leadership Studio provides an inspiring space for our CEO student leadership program in the summer and transformative leadership experiences for corporations, organizations, schools and churches in the fall, winter and spring. We are looking to hire a Facilitator to provide Leadership Studio guest groups with the program support needed to ensure a seamless experience. This role will focus on building relationships from first contact to post visit, while providing exceptional program delivery.
Key Job Functions:
Design and Deliver Quality Programming
• Consults with guests to ensure a solid understanding of their needs, wants and expectations
• Assists Leadership Director in designing customized program
• Manages Studio interns
• Liaises with School and Groups, Hangar and Operations to book spaces and resources for program needs
• Coordinates and facilitates student LSX programs on site and offsite
• Greets guests upon arrival, ensures their needs are met, and builds rapport
• Leads quality guest experience ensuring adherence to teaching notes and “The Studio Way”
• Seeks feedback and adjusts program and facilitation style when appropriate
Develop relationships with guest groups
• Sources new leads
• Monitors upcoming groups to ensure they will meet their target numbers and have the pre-visit info they need
• Develops and maintains a customer service file to ensure returning guests info is available.
• Participate in community events and initiatives i.e. Cadence, one on ones, social gatherings
• Participate in corporate events including Town Hall, Leadership Meetings and Annual Retreat
• Personal and professional development
• Other requests as outlined by the Director of the Leadership Studio
• University/College degree (Education or similar preferred)
• Management or leadership experience preferred
• Experience in designing and leading student/youth/young-adult programming
Skills and Attributes Required:
• Excellent facilitation skills
• Clear and concise communication skills – written and oral
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Good with people – particularly youth
• Great listener
• Track record of promoting an atmosphere of teamwork
• Intuitive and agile – able to read a room and adapt as needed
• Strong customer service orientation and skill
• Professional attitude, yet warm disposition
• Teachable and willing to receive feedback
• Personal values that match Muskoka Woods’ core values
• Ability to lift and move 10 to 40lbs
• Able to stand, walk and work for 6 to 8 hours
• Possess physical and mental strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and staff
• Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with guests and staff.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your interest in Muskoka Woods!