Office Manager/Registrar - Camp Kwasind, Muskoka Lakes, ON
Office Manager/Registrar - Camp Kwasind, Muskoka Lakes, ON (Posted: 12/31/2018; Closing: 1/15/2019)
The Camp Kwasind Office Manager/Registrar is focused on the successful support and administrative management of the camp. The incumbent will provide support to all administrative, accounting and communication needs, as well as admin assistance to the Executive and Managing Camp Directors. Through all this, the Office Manager/Registrar will embrace the mission and vision of Camp as it seeks to move people one step closer to Jesus.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Director, Kwasind. The Office Manager will support the Managing Director, manage the office (and office summer support staff), registration, financial and administrative duties related to camp’s operation. This includes database and financial management and recordkeeping, administrative management, website support and overseeing office equipment and communication/information systems.
The Administrator will reside on camp property during the summer camp months working 6 days a week (mid June to early Sept) and work out of the CBOQ offices for the remaining months of the year at 5 days a week, with flexibility for working from home up to 2 days per week. Additional working expectations include being present at Kwasind Work Weekends and Camp Kwasind Management Team meetings, as well as work schedule flexibility to meet needs of the camp.
• Planning and Organizing – Manages multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities. Anticipates obstacles and demonstrates judgment and flexibility to adjust as required.
• Results Orientation – Demonstrates a focus on finishing all tasks in a timely manner while taking complete ownership of tasks.
• Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements. Can collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
• Service Orientation - Strives for excellence, delivering the highest quality care and resources possible to those we serve.
• Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity; adapts communication to respond to audience or situational requirements.
• Innovative & “Can Do” Attitude - Able to think creatively to develop new solutions that meet current and future needs. Looking to grow and learn within the camp context and as part of Camp Kwasind, with an outlook that is positive, assertive and flexible that strives to take on challenges with a sense that “I can do it”.
• Problem Solving – Possesses the ability to break a situation/task down into smaller pieces to identify key issues, figuring out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Initiative and ability to anticipate needs and provide solutions/options, particularly when confronted with ambiguity and a high degree of change.
• Exhibit a spirit of cooperation, flexibility and commitment to the camp leadership team relationship and the mission and vision of camp
• With the treasurer, oversee and manage day to day banking: preparation and deposit of all cheques / cash received, breakdown of all bank deposits and process bills
• Manage and facilitate all elements of camp registrations including: preparation of new registration and medical forms, process all registrations and ensure integrity of the database (CampBrain) is maintained
• Manage and develop camp systems that provide an increasing positive experience for campers, staff, parents and guests.
• Responsible for timely development, proofing and delivery of on-going key communication to parents, alumni, rental groups and the public.
• Responsible for assisting staff and Kwasind management team member with website updates, promotions and social media management
• Collate and prepare online expense statements and personal reimbursement summaries for full-time Kwasind staff
• Provide updated financial reports to treasurer as requested
• Ensure the Administrators manual and databases are kept up to date to ensure that there is documentation and clarity of all aspects and expectations of the job
• Support Managing Director in the administrative needs for rental groups
• Arrange for summer preparation elements: tuck shop, seasonal requirements, clothing orders, staff communication and promotion/marketing of camp
• Creatively present new ways we can be more effective in customer service and systems related to all camp experiences
In addition to the above, during the summer camp season:
• Answer and appropriately respond to incoming calls, voice mail and general email in a timely manner
• Pick up and distribute incoming mail
• Welcome guests, parents and campers with a professional, friendly and courteous manner
• Maintain office supplies: monitor inventory, anticipate requirements, place orders and process invoices
• Oversee office equipment and communication/information systems: inventory, maintenance, troubleshooting, staff training and managing vendor contracts
• Manage administrative needs for camper weeks, specialty and teen camps, celebration weekend and partnering groups (medical info, dietary restrictions, etc)
• Oversee and be responsible for day to day financial requirements including invoicing, petty cash and expense reports
• Oversee Tuck Shop manager and implementation of tuck financial management
• Manage administrative needs around summer staff requirements and supports including the entering all staff information into Camp Brain database, obtain and file relevant staff documents, oversee design and ordering of staff shirts, manage weekly preparation for incoming/outgoing camps
• Other duties or special projects as requested by the Executive Director
• A mature faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to serve through camp ministry
• Commitment to the mission, faith and core values of CBOQ and Camp Kwasind
• Able to act independently while also being a valuable team player
• Have strong communication, administrative and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated high proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Office 365, basic accounting and banking, database management and website updating. Previous experience with CampBrain and Constant Contact is an asset.
• Stamina, energy and enthusiasm to sustain a fast-paced ministry schedule and to juggle the multiple events, schedules and budgets of camp
• 3-5 years experience in a similar role
• A valid driver’s license
• Valid and current vulnerable records check
Compensation: Camp Kwasind offers competitive compensation, pension and benefits.
To Apply: Please forward a resume and cover letter, subject line: “Office Manager Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Jan 15, 2019. Early submission is encouraged, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
All responses will be handled in confidence.