Operations Director - Camp Arnes, Arnes, MB
Operations Director - Camp Arnes, Arnes, MB (Posted: 12/11/2018; Closing: 2/1/2019)
The Operations Director is responsible to provide the day-to-day administration of on site facilities operation, ensuring the organization runs smoothly and efficiently.
Reports to: Executive Director
Internal Contacts: Department Heads, Administration Team, Bookings Coordinator, Outdoor Education Coordinator, Forge Participants, Office Manager, Bookkeeper, volunteers, Operations Staff.
External Contacts: Suppliers, Vendors, Government Agencies, Cottage Owners, Donors, Volunteers.
1. Proven experience in a Senior leadership role.
2. Knowledge of industry standards and government regulations.
3. Basic computer skills in Excel and Microsoft Word.
4. Experience in trades an asset.
5. Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Have a mature, personal commitment to Jesus Christ, as evident in their daily lives.
8. A valid child abuse registry check and criminal record check.
9. Ability to interact with guests, campers and staff in a consistently pleasant manner and be able and willing to share the Gospel when opportunity arises.
10. Agreement/support of Camp Arnes Mission Statement, Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith.
11. Must exhibit a genuine love for kids and guests with a willingness to serve their interests before their own through a model of Christian service.
12. Flexible with work hours as required to fulfill duties.
13. Model Christian character.
14. Openness to mentorship and growth.
SPECIFIC MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Foster a spirit for continual improvement and enhancement of the Camp and its services.
2. Represent the Camp operations to all government regulatory officials, suppliers, contractors and volunteers.
3. Oversee the development and accountability to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all facilities and services to ensure quality outcomes.
4. Responsible for the proper administration of construction contracts, service agreements and for obtaining the
necessary permits, licenses and certifications for the Camp.
5. Ensure that Camp Arnes is operating under the guidelines set out by the Manitoba Camping Association.
6. Ensure that Camp is operating under the guidelines set out in the Workplace Health and Safety Standards.
7. Ensure compliance to all government regulations for Drinking Water, Pool Operations, Health and Safety and Waste Water Management.
8. Plan, monitor and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure success toward organizational goals.
9. Maintain an organized, professional work space.
10. Maintain organized files on staff and facility records.
11. Uphold, model and insist upon Christian character of all staff.
1. Assist in the development of the annual budget for all on site needs.
2. Develop a cost effective plan for all Operations responsibilities.
3. Review financial information and adjust Operations spending to achieve budget goals.
4. Establish procedures that implement Operations and/or Fiscal Policies of the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
5. Purchase goods, with the exception of food, for all facilities and Operation’s needs.
6. Identify, advise and recommend on needed capital improvements and major equipment purchases.
1. Hire and manage full time and part time Operational staff.
2. Monitor the physical, spiritual and emotional well being of all Operations year round and seasonal staff.
3. Coordinate and assist in assigning all housing for on site staff.
4. Assist to facilitate the growth of the full time, Forge and seasonal staff at the Camp.
5. Facilitate regular Operations Department Staff meetings.
6. Provide direct leadership to Food Services Manager, Maintance Director, Horsemanship Manager, Volunteer
Coordinator and Housekeeping staff, by providing Coaching, accountability towards goals and regular evaluations.
1. Oversee and monitor the success of the Food Services Department.
2. Guide and oversee Food Services Manager with goal setting, customer service, human resource issues and finances.
3. Monitor the menu and practices of the Food Services Team.
1. Assess and monitor the appearance of the Camp Site and buildings.
2. Conduct quarterly visual inspections and assessments of Operations Department success towards operational goals and organizations mission and strategic plan.
3. Guide and oversee Maintenance Manager and Housekeeping Departments with goal setting, customer service, human resource issues and finances.
1. Work with Horsemanship Manager to guide and oversee Corral Facilities with goal setting, customer service, human resource issues and finances.
1. The Operations Director is responsible directly to the Executive Director.
2. Communicate and model safe practice in all Camp activities and areas of Camp.
3. Share your Christian life and character with guests as you can.
4. Encourage, honor and respect fellow staff and leaders.
5. Promote an encouraging and fun environment.
6. Be on time for all scheduled programming and meals.
7. Present yourself in a professional manner in appearance and attitude, especially in the presence of guests.
8. Uphold all Camp Arnes policies.
9. Be connected to a church community and, whenever possible, attend church on Sundays.
10. Pray for and with those in need, both guests and staff.
11. Do every task with the highest quality and standards in mind.
12. Ensure your safety as well as that of other workers and guests.
13. Buy-into and display Camp’s model of challenge and growth.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
1. Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
2. Requires ability to work in adverse weather conditions, including rain, heat and cold.
3. Requires ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 25 kilograms.
For more information or to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.