Outdoor Recreation & Retreats Director - Camp Kadesh, Christopher Lake, SK
Outdoor Recreation & Retreats Director - Camp Kadesh, Christopher Lake, SK (Posted: 4/12/2019; Closing when filled)
Camp Kadesh is seeking someone who loves camp ministry, and outdoor recreation & retreats to join our full-time staff team. This person will have a passion for leadership development, excellence in programming, and seeing lives changed by relationship with Jesus. We are looking for a humble, confident person that has experience leading people, a willingness to hustle hard, a foundation of previous camp experience, and a desire to see great things happen. It would also be nice if you’re a bit fun to be around.
Deadline: Open until filled. Ideally the role would be filled by summer, but a post summer start date for the right person will be strongly considered.
This full time, permanent role has a significant focus on programming, but it is also an important leadership position, providing input, partnership and direction to application of the mission and purpose of Camp Kadesh alongside the entire staff team.
- Oversee promotion, implementation, execution, improvement, and expansion of existing Outdoor Recreation Programs. (The Kadesh Spring OREC program is one of the most popular spring camp programs in the province.)
- Recruitment, hiring, training and discipleship of seasonal staff (in partnership with Summer Camps Director where necessary)
- Oversight of the program in regards to related setting of budgets, maintenance of equipment, and determining facility needs. (in partnership with the Summer Camps Director where necessary)
- Promote, cultivate and host great weekend retreats, as Kadesh programming or in partnership with church groups.
- Seasonal turnaround of facilities before and after events and or groups. (outside of the May - August window)
- A healthy and vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- Passion for the importance of camp ministry
- Proven ability to lead others in a camp (or similar) ministry setting.
- Ability to train staff in the facilitation of Kadesh OREC activities including: team building activities, wall climbing techniques, flat water canoeing, etc.
- Experience successfully managing multiple ongoing programs or projects and deadlines.
- Post-secondary education in Outdoor Leadership and or Recreation or Biblical Studies or Youth ministry or equivalent education or experience
- Administrative ability or the ability to manage and or delegate administrative tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Hold a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 license (or another provincial equivalent)
- Hold a valid Pleasure Craft Operator Card.
- Hold (or be able to acquire) CPR, AED, and First Aid certification- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs
- Ability to agree to the Camp Kadesh (MPSM) Code of conduct and statements of faith.
- Employment is conditional upon a clear police background check.
Skill and Experience Assets
- Ability to do basic maintenance and repair to equipment and facilities
- Musical ability with an instrument.
- Basic understand of Audio and Visual equipment
- Love of the game “Settlers of Catan”
About Camp Kadesh
Mission Statement: Camp Kadesh exists to help people experience the love of Jesus.
Purpose Statement: Camp Kadesh seeks to cultivate transformational relationships, develop Kingdom leaders, and strengthen commitment to the local church.
Camp Kadesh is a year-round facility primarily serving the city of Saskatoon and surrounding towns. The camp is located northwest of the town of Christopher Lake SK. Summer camp programming under the name Camp Kadesh, was established in its current location in 1982 after many years of a variety of programming in various locations under the banner of our legal name of Mid Prairie Scripture Mission.
Primary ministries of Camp Kadesh are:
- Summer children and youth camps (1100 campers)
- Outdoor recreation programs in Spring, Fall and Winter (1500 - 1700 students)
- Kadesh sponsored retreats and also rentals for church retreat groups.
Total starting compensation for this position is $35,000 - $45,000. Compensation package includes salary, housing, full utilities, internet, camp provided cell phone with unlimited data and or calling and food for all events at camp. (Most meals May - August and whenever groups are present). Also included is a benefits package and after one year, contributions to a pension plan (5 per cent of salary). Final compensation will be calculated based on total experience and ability.
Expanded position breakdown and information can be found at: