Riding Instructor - Frontier Trails Camp, Eganville, ON
Riding Instructor - Frontier Trails Camp, Eganville, ON (Posted: 1/12/2019; Closing: 6/15/2019)
Riding Instructor Frontier Trails Camp
Position Title: Riding Instructor (Seasonal/Full Time)
Position Purpose: Riding Instructors are responsible for the general care of Frontier Trails Camp horse’s and must be enthusiastic and run a safe and effective riding program for campers ages 6-16.
Position Relationship: Program director, Camp Directors
Principle Accountabilities: Tack care, grooming, as well as administering medications & the ability to detect illness and injury in horses is important.
- Notice when grain or hay is running out and inform the program Director.
- Safety must be the most important issue when teaching, leading a trail ride, or doing any activity with the horses.
- Prepare, Care for and Maintain horses
- Plan & Carry out the horsemanship program in a safe and fun manner including overnight trail campout & swimming with horses.
- Lead Trail rides for campers, as well as visitors and customers of the camp.
- Ensure that the Tack room, barnyard area and corral are clean and tidy at all times.
- Attend Camp Staff Meetings
- May be required to break and train some horses in preparation for being ridden
- Maintain accurate records of the campers’ daily achievements. Complete Activity awards each camper and Friday night awards as appropriate
- Rake corral & all trails after Trail Rides
Pre-requisites: Police Check
First Aid & CPR an asset, Horse first aid an asset
- Candidate must be able to work as part of a team in a demanding job. He/she must be organized, prompt, and willing work Saturday to 2 pm weekends and Sundays off during camp season and long hours during the summer.
- Communicate clearly, and work safely
For more information or to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org