Food Services Manager - Malibu Club, Princess Louisa Inlet
Food Services Manager - Malibu Club, Princess Louisa Inlet (Posted: 7/16/2017; Closing: 10/16/2017)
The Malibu Club is a remote Christian youth camp located at the mouth of the Princess Louisa Inlet in B.C. Malibu provides Young Life with the facilities to run their summer outreach programs. Young Life is a Christian ministry whose mission is introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. All duties are to be performed in a manner that is compatible with the mission of Young Life.
Malibu is seeking a qualified and experienced Food Services Manager to join our professional operations team. This is a full-time, permanent position based at the youth camp located at the mouth of the Princess Louisa Inlet in BC. Due to the location of the Malibu Club it is required that staff live on-site year round.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Food Services Manager will be required to prepare and oversee preparation of all meals, and maintain the physical food services facilities, which includes:
• Purchasing and inventory management
• Sanitation systems management
• Operation of the dining room, kitchen, and food storage areas
• Operation and maintenance of all food service related equipment
• Supervise and co-ordinate the work, staff, and volunteers
• Completion of secondary school and supervisory/management experience is required for this position.
• Five years' experience in the food industry at a managerial level is preferred.
• Be able to communicate (read/write/speak) effectively in English.
• Must be willing to participate in the ongoing witness of the Young Life programs and be in sympathy with its central purpose of proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Due to the remote location of the Malibu Club, it is required that staff live on-site year round.
Salary and Benefits
Salary, company benefits (medical, dental, vision) and housing will be provided.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org