Camp Cook - Camp Nakamun, Busby, AB
Camp Cook - Camp Nakamun, Busby, AB (Posted: 8/4/2017; Closing when filled)
Job Summary: Support the on-going ministry of CNM (Camp Nakamun Ministries) by preparing and serving our guests, campers and staff with nutritious, quality meals.
• Organize kitchen and kitchen staff each day to efficiently prepare meals for guest groups, campers and staff
Make sure all meals are prepared properly, are out on time and with sufficient quantities
• Understand dietary issues and prepare any necessary alternatives for guests and staff
• Handle stock when it comes in and ensure it is correct and acceptable
• Maintain a high standard of food quality and kitchen cleanliness
• Coordinate with Hospitality Coordinator any changes with menus or meal times
• Give spiritual leadership and guidance to other staff under this position, including praying, answering spiritual questions and demonstrating a level of spiritual maturity
• Cooking and kitchen management skills
• Strong work ethic and willingness to serve and be flexible
• Ability to work with others and individually
• Current Foodsafe Certification (can be taken during job start up)
• Commitment to the vision and mission of Camp Nakamun Ministries
Length of Employment
This is a year round full or part time position, based on a 40 hour work week.
Compensation will be based upon experience, qualifications and position.
Benefits and staff housing are available.