Facilities & Site Manager - Camp Kwasind, Utterson, ON
Facilities & Site Manager - Camp Kwasind, Utterson, ON (Posted: 10/10/17; Closing: 11/3/17)
Camp Kwasind, located in Muskoka on Skeleton Lake, is a ministry that owned and operated by the Canadian Baptists of Ontario & Quebec (CBOQ). Kwasind, is small enough to ensure that ever camper matters and large enough to provide a wide variety of activities and experience. As a camp, we seek to consistently provide high quality, creative, safe and memorable experiences through meaningful relationships which moves every camper one step closer to Jesus as it functions in an inter-denominational context as it serves to champion the role of Christian Camping, be a catalyst for the development of young Christian leaders and a bridge between the next generation and faith development through the local church.
The role of the Facilities & Site Development Manager (FSDM) is full-time permanent position reporting to the Executive Director that is to support the mission and vision of Camp Kwasind by ensuring that camp facilities, machinery, equipment and grounds are well maintained and developed, while managing the ongoing development of building projects.
FSDM will be part of the Camp Kwasind leadership team, and will report to Executive Director, with day-to-day supervision and support from the Managing Camp Director.
1. Year Round Facility Maintenance: Oversee the servicing, maintenance, repairs and upgrade of all camp buildings, facilities, vehicles and infrastructure
2. Year Round Hospitality: In conjunction with Managing Camp Director, support and welcome off-season rental groups. Excel in customer service to the needs of groups while looking after all maintenance needs and arrangement of food services
3. Maintenance logistics: Keep necessary records and inspection logs, manage daily routines, develop the team (volunteers and summer staff), evaluate staff, assist in the development of the facilities budget line and ensuring that the department stays within its budgetary guidelines
4. Site Development: Oversee and project manage all on-site work weekends and building projects as requested by the Managing Camp Director
Experience in general facility maintenance and project management
• A leader who knows how to build and supervise a team of volunteers and summer staff to help accomplish various tasks
• Commitment to the mission, faith and core values of CBOQ
• Strong work ethic, embody strong customer service skills, and have the ability to complete projects in timely manner
A well-rounded person who possesses the skills and abilities to prioritize tasks in order of importance and priority
Possess the ability to be flexible as priorities can change rapidly if facility emergencies arise.
An independent person, able to work without supervision to accomplish the facility tasks.
• Advocate for the ministry of Camp Kwasind and is a passionate follower of Jesus Christ.
• A valid driver’s license
• Live within a 45 minute drive of camp or be willing to relocated to within that radius
Additional Qualifications for Preferred Candidate:
• Possess a post-secondary diploma and/or significant experience in one or more trades (plumbing, electrical, gas, carpentry)
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a trade or maintenance capacity
• Experience in team management or development
• Previous work with tractors and other larger maintenance vehicles
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by Nov 3, 2017 to Melody Currier firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: A more detailed job description is available upon request from email@example.com
CBOQ is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates whose training, experience, aptitudes and adaptability meet the requirements for the job will be considered. CBOQ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.