Who can help us advocate for the future of camp? Camp staff, summer staff, alumni, campers, parents, board members, camp volunteers, teachers, local businesses, ANYONE WHO LOVES CAMP!
WHAT YOU SHOULD INCLUDE IN YOUR EMAIL
- Who you are and where you live
- If you are a camper, add your age or where you go to school If you are a parent, share the ages of your children.
- Why Camp Matters: Write why overnight camp is important to you.
- Be to the point, firm and direct. Do not worry about it being lengthy, use your own words – this will come across as authentic. Speak from the heart.
- Ask: Asking our provincial governments to lift Public Health Orders restricting overnight camps from running.
- Ask the government to provide summer overnight camps with the green light to run this summer and for guidelines so we can plan for the details.
- Write with kindness and consideration.
- End with a request for followup: As you end your email, indicate "I look forward to hearing from you on this matter" or something that indicates you wish a response.
MP's - Find your MP information https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/search
PREMIER - Find your Premier's information https://www.canadaspremiers.ca/contact-a-premier/
MLA's - Find your MLA information
BC - https://www.leg.bc.ca/content-committees/Pages/MLA-Contact-Information.aspx
Alberta - https://www.assembly.ab.ca/members/members-of-the-legislative-assembly
Saskatchewan - https://www.legassembly.sk.ca/mlas/mla-contact-information/
Manitoba - https://www.gov.mb.ca/legislature/members/mla_list_alphabetical.html
Ontario - https://www.ola.org/en/members/current
Quebec - http://www.assnat.qc.ca/en/deputes/index.html
Nova Scotia - https://nslegislature.ca/members/profiles/contact
New Brunswick - https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/contacts/MLAReport.html
Newfoundland - https://www.assembly.nl.ca/members/members.aspx
PEI - https://www.assembly.pe.ca/members
Yukon - https://yukonassembly.ca/mlas
Northwest Territories - https://www.ntassembly.ca/members
Nunavit - https://assembly.nu.ca/members/mla