Director of Food and Hospitality, Forest Cliff Camp, Lambton Shores, ON
Director of Food and Hospitality, Forest Cliff Camp, Lambton Shores, ON (Posted 11/10/23)
About Forest Cliff Camps:
Forest Cliff Camp is a Christian Overnight and Day Camp ministry that aspires to change young lives through partnership and experience. It is our mission to create unforgettable and life-impacting experiences that encourage young people to learn more of themselves and God. We host camp experiences for about 5,000 campers and guests each year at both our Overnight and Day camp locations.
About the Director of Food and Hospitality:
This is a full-time leadership role that reports to the Executive Director of Overnight Camp. As the Associate Director of Food and Hospitality you will contribute to the Forest Cliff Camp experience by providing excellent hospitality, quality food, and a great food service experience. You will work closely with the leadership team to find creative and new ways to incorporate food and food service into camp programming. You will develop young leaders in the kitchen and service areas, and you will provide support to our year-round team as you prepare for and host groups. Managing teams, creating positive camp experiences, providing great food and hospitality is what you do.
This is a new position at Forest Cliff which extends the responsibility of the head chef to include team leadership and hospitality. We will run a 7-day a week kitchen May through August.
The primary focus of the role will shift throughout the year but will include:
● Meal Planning, Preparation and Service
● Operations of Dining Hall, Kitchen, and Retreat Meeting Rooms
● Accountable for budget including food, supplies, chemicals, and equipment
● Team Leader primarily responsible for recruitment, training, and developing kitchen and food service staff and volunteers
● Work closely with the SALT campers (Service and Leadership Training) as they fulfil the service portion of their week at camp
● Hospitality and Retreat Experiencesincluding cleaning, preparation and readiness of rentable spaces
● Onsite supervision of fall rentals.
● Work collaboratively with our year round team to promote, implement and evaluate our experience model.
Skills and Attributes Required:
● Ability to coach and develop team members in a fast paced environment
● Proven ability to oversee and manage a budget
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to work within the larger camp team to work towards common goals
● Personal values that match Forest Cliff values
● Take seriously the desired behaviours of Forest Cliff Camp as you drive a positive work culture and environment in the kitchen and dining hall
● Ability to shift priorities with the seasonality of camp
● Ability to lift and move up to 40lbs
● Able to stand and walk for longer than 8 hours at a time
● Ability to be flexible with regards to working hours and location
● Able to drive with access to your own vehicle
For a full description of the role please visit https://www.forestcliff.ca/yearroundpositions/
Send a copy of your resume and cover letter to Kerry Provost firstname.lastname@example.org,