Assistant Head Cook, Medeba, Haliburton, ON
Assistant Head Cook, Medeba, Haliburton, ON (Posted 12/31/21; Closing 01/31/22)
Permanent, full-time, Operations Position (Approx. 40 hour per week) Starting time is Winter 2022.
Located in Haliburton Ontario, Medeba is seeking to fill the position of Assistant Head Cook. Medeba is a Christian organization whose mission is To use adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say yes to God. In alignment with this purpose, the Assistant Head Cook will prepare meals along with our Kitchen Staff who deliver over 55,000 meals each year for our summer campers, year-round guests and staff. The Assistant Cook helps with all aspects of meal preparation including, kitchen cleanliness, and supervision of kitchen volunteers. This role requires flexibility in work hours. Early mornings, evenings and weekends are required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• General knowledge of, and practical experience in, camp cooking procedures.
• Ability to lead others and share the workload.
• Ability to lead and work well with others, to encourage and motivate others.
• Willingness to follow instructions and submit to leadership.
• Must be physically and mentally able to perform the demands of the work. (lifting, on feet for the day)
• Must be a self-starter, trustworthy, dependable, available, adaptable.
• Possess a current Food Handler Training Certificate or able to obtain one.
• Possess a current Standard First Aid Certificate or able to obtain one.
• Medeba Proságo Graduate and/or Summer Staff experience an asset
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To assist the Head Cook in all food service areas.
• To cover for the Head Cook when they are on their time off.
• To make sure customer service is a top priority.
• To provide support in our kitchen by assisting with cooking for groups and schools as assigned.
• To work safely, efficiently and within the accepted government health standards. Cleanliness is essential.
• To keep the kitchen area and all equipment clean in accordance to standards set out by Medeba and the Health authorities.
• To assist with facility operations.
• To do cleaning/housekeeping as assigned
• Assist with any site-related needs or projects that may arise.
Contact Ken Stevens for inquires and to submit your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Jan 31, 2022