Assistant Recreation Coordinator, Camp Qwanoes, Crofton, BC
Assistant Recreation Coordinator, Camp Qwanoes, Crofton, BC (Posted 03/13/23)
Just one week of showing kids the love of Jesus can have an eternal impact, and it happens through people like you! Camp Qwanoes hopes to welcome over 4,000 children and youth from all backgrounds this summer, and our goal is to help them discover life with Jesus Christ.
The Camp: Camp Qwanoes is a high-adventure, residential Christian camp located on beautiful Vancouver Island.
• We strive to love kids to life, helping them discover, live, and share life like no other in Christ.
• We believe in providing biblical discipleship through relationship-focused, fun-oriented, and Christ-centred programs.
The Position: We’re looking for an Assistant Recreation Coordinator to serve from April 26 to September 2, 2023. Please inquire even if you are unable to start on April 26. A full-summer Assistant Recreation Coordinator receives a financial contribution from Camp Qwanoes of $4650 and is eligible to raise additional support, with the help of Qwanoes, up to $9750.
• Experience solid training and support, wonderful fellowship, and the blessing of serving in a vital capacity.
• Assistant Recreation Coordinators often have opportunities to be involved with the camp program.
• A servant’s heart that is willing to work hard and ready to be a consistent witness for Christ.
• A sincere love for children and youth.
• The ability to work with and lead a team.
• Assisting the Recreation Coordinator in coordinating and overseeing the entire recreational activity program.
• Includes overseeing camp activities, staff, safety, administration, maintenance, and providing general program support.
The Location: Camp Qwanoes is located on Vancouver Island, BC, one hour north of Victoria and 45 minutes south of Nanaimo. Nestled right between Maple Mountain and the Pacific Ocean, it’s the perfect place to take in the glory of God’s creation whether you’re a hiker, swimmer, or beach-lounger!