CEO Christian Youth Camps Ltd, Victoria, Australia
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – Christian Youth Camps Ltd, Philip Island, Victoria, AUSTRALIA (Posted 01/04/22; Closing 02/13/22)
A unique opportunity exists to lead one of Australia’s premier Christian camping and ministry organisations.
Full Time Position
Location: Phillip Island, Victoria
Salary Package Range: $160 - $200K
Christian Youth Camps Ltd (CYC), a mission of the Christian Community Churches of Victoria & Tasmania, is a Christian Not for Profit organisation, committed to the Christian Faith. CYC operates 5 sites across Victoria, being CYC The Island, CYC Phillip Island Adventure Resort, CYC Forest Edge, CYC Adanac and CYC City. Across our sites we also run outreach holiday camps and offer leadership development programs. These sites are supported by our CEO and Head Office team, based on Phillip Island.
CYC’s Mission Statement and Statement of Faith can be found at cyc.org.au
About the Job:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for leading and executing all activities of the company either directly or indirectly through delegated Board given authority. The is carried out within the charter of the CYC Foundational Statements, as described in the Positional Results Description. CYC is a large camping organisation of 250 staff, accommodating up to 1200 guests per night across our sites, the CEO provides leadership and carries out the strategic, tactical and financial responsibility to ensure the continued growth of CYC and its mission.
Key Result Areas:
• Pastoral oversight
• Strategic and people leadership
• Board administration and support
• Program, product and service delivery
• Financial management
• Resource management
• Community and public relations
You will be a person committed to the Christian faith, a follower of Jesus who demonstrates maturity in your faith. You are a recognised leader committed to spiritual development, with a strong emphasis on bible reading and prayer in your personal life.
You are actively involved in your local church, and serves and leads with a humble heart.
In your professional life, you have strong business acumen with proven leadership skills including leading senior staff. You are able to set a vision and bring others along with you in fulfilling it.
Balancing strategic and operational skills is a must as is having the ability to capture new opportunities.
Your administration, written and verbal communication skills are excellent and you are a confident public speaker. You have strong interpersonal skills which includes being a good listener and relationship builder.
• Active involvement in a Christian faith community
• A strong alignment with CYC’s mission and values
• Senior leadership experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead leaders
• Financial literacy including profit & loss, balance sheet, budget setting and cashflow.
• Proven experience in setting, planning and delivering outcomes
• Familiar with working within legislative compliance processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven capacity to work with external stakeholders such as: Church and School Leadership
• Driver’s licence
• Victorian Working With Children Check / Police check
• Experience in the group accommodation and/or camping industry
• Previous experience working with a Board
• Bachelor’s or post graduate qualification in theology and/or business or finance
It is a requirement of all CYC employees to show evidence of either being fully vaccinated with a TGA
registered COVID-19 vaccine or having a medical exemption, before commencement of employment.
For a detailed Positional Results Description, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mark Rowe on +61 0438552193 for further information.
To apply, email your application, including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and current resume to Mark Rowe email@example.com Applications close: Sunday 13th February 2022.
Christian Youth Camps Ltd (CYC) is committed to promoting and protecting the best interests of children and has a zero tolerance to child abuse.