Camp Counsellor, Pleasant Bay Camp, Consecon, ON
Camp Counsellor, Pleasant Bay Camp, Consecon, ON (Posted 02/13/23)
Pleasant Bay Kids’ Camp is a set-apart space that facilitates relational encounter between the self, the other, and God. PBC has accepted five fundamental characteristics of the Christian camp model: different from home, relational, safe space, faith-centred, and participatory. We believe dynamic interplay of these characteristics for positive and lasting change for the campers and their supporting networks.
✔ To be a fully devoted follower of Christ, living with character and integrity.
✔ Strong (or demonstrating the potential to be strong) in each one of the 5 PBC Fundamental Values: Faith Centered, Relational, Connected to Nature, Participatory and a Fun Safe Person
✔ High energy and outgoing personality
✔ Ability to respect and uphold the rules of camp
✔ Desire to add creative flare to their area of responsibility with passion and ownership
✔ Handles conflicts appropriately
✔ Has an inclusive attitude
✔ Able to communicate and teach youth
1. Supervision of day and overnight campers by creating a fun, relational and safe space for campers in a faith based environment
2. Assist in leading crafts, sports and other activities for campers. This includes setting up and putting away equipment, teaching activities to campers of various ages and tracking repairs as needed.
3. Greet parents and campers every morning as they arrive
4. Assist the Cook in preparing food and clean up of kitchen as needed
5. Assist at the waterfront with the lifeguards in areas such as swimming, canoeing, kayaking and other water activities
6. Help maintain the facility and remove distractions to improve the experience of the campers on property. Tasks include cleaning washrooms, collecting garbage, groundskeeping as well as projects that match their particular skills and abilities.
7. Participate in Summer Staff training sessions and team meetings
8. Adhere to all current health safety protocols as outlined by Camp Management
9. Assist with enhanced cleaning protocols as required (eg. Program areas)
10. Keep yourself accountable to the camp policies & procedures
11. Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Mentour (may include, leading campfires or support roles)
Completion of Grade 10
Experience with Summer Camps an asset
Must have a current Police and VS Check Applicants and be able to legally work in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY
Should you want to learn more about this opportunity, please call Board Director of Kids’ Camp, Janice Twiddy at 613-399-5877or forward your resume, a letter of introduction and the names and contact information for 3 references, in confidence to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org