Camp Director, Blomidon Bible Camp, Blomidon, NS
Camp Director, Blomidon Bible Camp, Blomidon, Nova Scota (Posted 03/16/2022; closing when filled)
Role Title: Director
Reports To: Field Director and Camp Board Members
Positions Supervised: All year round and summer missionaries at Blomidon Bible Camp
Overview of Role
One Hope Canada is considered a Religious Order under the provisions of the CRA and as such,
missionary employment with One Hope Canada is seen as following God’s unique invitation.
Members, and those aspiring to be members, must be in agreement with standards of spiritual and
personal suitability, and are therefore required to sign a Statement of Affirmation annually.
Supported by the Field Director and the Camp Board Members, the Director of Blomidon Bible
Camp, with the tools and resources provided, is entrusted with fulfilling the purpose of One Hope
Canada both personally and within their camp, and is responsible for all aspects of the camp. The
directors will devote their full time and effort, energies and abilities, as reasonably required, at the
discretion of the Field Director, for the proper and diligent fulfilling of their responsibilities with One
● To present the Gospel, particularly to those having the least opportunity to hear of Christ, and
especially to children and youth, and to disciple believers for living and serving through His
● To accomplish the primary objective through camping ministry, by effectively leading a team
to manage programs, sites, administration, and all other activities related to Blomidon Bible
Responsible to accomplish the evangelism and discipleship ends of One Hope Canada through
their camp program and ensure the Gospel is a part of all aspects of camp and other ministries
● Programming to expand Christ-centered, dynamic camp ministry.
○ to build, equip, and supervise a team of volunteers, staff, and summer missionaries in
accordance with One Hope Canada core values and organization policies:
■ to cultivate an environment that points campers to Jesus and is safe, exciting,
■ to plan, develop, manage and coordinate camp through a creative and
○ to pursue new ministry strategies that recognize the cultural and geographical realities
of those the camp seeks to reach.
● Communications that enhance the camp’s presence in the community.
○ To expand upon existing and develop new presence in local churches through a
variety of effective, and regular methods of communication to promote the camp,
and to learn from and partner with the church for effective regional ministry.
○ Oversee the maintenance of an engaging online presence.
○ Ensuring ongoing contact with campers, summer missionaries, and alumni.
○ Creative community interaction.
● Administrative process to sustain a healthy and well-ordered camp environment:
○ Ensure adequate systems and procedures are implemented for all camp activities.
■ Risk Assessment
■ Health and Safety
○ Ensure compliance with provincial and federal legislation.
○ Ensure all required records and reports are maintained in a secure location and that
all required reporting is completed on time.
● Financial sustainability to advance the ministry to accomplish greater gospel
○ Work with the camp board to develop and manage the camp budget, ensuring
fiscal management and controls are in place and followed.
○ Promote and manage rental opportunities.
○ Ensure financials are communicated with the Treasurer.
○ Ensure adequate income to sustain the programs, ministry and wages through:
■ Responsible spending
■ Helping the board lead effective fundraising projects.
■ Maintaining and creating fiscally responsible ministry initiatives.
■ Cultivating good relationships with current and potential donors.
● Property management for optimal use and maintenance of the camp’s
○ Oversee maintenance and new projects to ensure the property is safe and
well-kept in appearance and function.
○ Develop ways to cultivate the property to be better used to accomplish the
○ Monitor all aspects of the camp ministry to ensure risk management and safety
procedures are in place.
○ Develop a system to oversee guest groups/rentals with hospitality and integrity to
ensure experiences are mutually beneficial for both the camp and the groups.
● Passion for the Gospel
● Time Management
● Team Building
● Leadership Skills
● Finance Management
● Communication both Written and Oral
● Planning and Organizing
● Good Judgement
● Follower of Christ
● Member in good standing of a church
Education and Experience
● Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
● Experience with camping ministry is a definite asset
● Construction knowledge and skill is an asset
● Marketing and promotion experience is asset
While performing the role of a Camp Director it is important to be able to move around the camp
property and assist with maintenance issues and participate in skills and activities.
Contact Ryan Skaling, One Hope Canada Atlantic Field Director, by calling (902) 599 - 1182 or by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.