Camp Director, Camp Livingstone, Magog, QC
Camp Director, Camp Livingstone, Magog, QC (Posted 12/16/21; Closing when filled)
Role Title: Camp Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Camp Livingstone is a safe and accepting environment where children, youth, and adults have the opportunity to experience God’s love and to grow through the message of the Bible and the exciting adventure of camp.
Primary Objectives of One Hope Canada:
To present the Gospel, particularly to those having the least opportunity to hear of Christ, and especially
to children and youth, and to disciple believers for living and serving through His church.
Overview of the role:
The role is to lead on-site ministry that maximizes opportunities for evangelism and discipleship while
also meeting the needs of the local community.
Role Objectives and Responsibilities:
The Camp Director is responsible for safe and fiscally sound summer camp operations, off-season camp
operations, facilities management, guest groups, kitchen and food services as well as necessary
administrative, financial and support activities.
Objectives and responsibilities will be oriented toward the present needs of the ministry. They will be set
on an annual basis and adjusted from time to time as the needs present themselves. They will have
direct supervisory authority of team members as delegated by the Executive Director.
The director will accomplish the objectives and responsibilities by effectively:
- Manage and supervise all summer camp operations, including hiring and training, follow-up with
summer camp missionaries
- Manage and supervise off-season ministry opportunities
- Manage and supervise school group program
- Produce a monthly report for the Executive Director
- Coordinate regular meetings with the team members on site for prayer and discussion, as well as
contribute openly in the decision making and planning process.
- Communicate effectively with off-site and seasonal team members.
- Other duties the Executive Director sees reasonable to include
- Be a believer according to our statement of faith, and willingly abide by One Hope Canada and
Camp Livingstone policies.
- Have a passion for the Gospel
- Be a good leader, able and willing to inspire, support and serve alongside their team.
- Be organized, computer literate and able to manage their time.
- Demonstrate superior administration and management skills.
- Foster positive partner, client and supplier relations.
- Be a good communicator and strive to maintain good relations as a member of the body of Christ
with all team members. (We serve each other Ephesians 4:1-8)
- Be teachable and willing to teach others.
- Be flexible to changing priorities, responsibilities, and methods of ministry.
- Understand and live out the mission of the ministry in regards to youth, teens and families.
Educational and Experiential requirements:
- Postsecondary education in a related field is an asset.
- Experience with camping ministry is an asset.
Salary and Benefits:
- Applicants will need to raise a portion of their salary. The camp will provide year-round on-site
housing and a group insurance plan.
Memorandum of Understanding:
- Understand, sign, and work according to the MOU
Overview of One Hope Canada:
One Hope Canada is considered a Religious Order under the provisions of the CRA and as such,
missionary employment with One Hope Canada is seen as following God’s unique invitation. Members,
and those aspiring to be members, must be in agreement with the standards of spiritual and personal
suitability, and are therefore required to sign a Statement of Affirmation annually.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Carole Richard-Murphy, Co-Executive Director, Camp Livingstone