Camp Director, Harbour Ridge Camp, Bloomfield, ON
Camp Director, Harbour Ridge Camp, Bloomfield, ON (Posted 02/23/22; Closing when filled)
Position Title: Camp Director, Harbour Ridge Camp
Reports to: Executive Director, Wesley Acres Retreat Centre and Campground
Start Date: Spring 2022
Salary: $40,000 - $50,000/year
To create a world-class year-round camp experience within the framework of the Mission and Vision of Wesley Acres Inc.
In the summer months the Camp Director will manage, supervise, and facilitate the Harbour Ridge Camp programs, staff, and operations.
In the non-summer months the Camp Director will focus on program development, year-round camping opportunities, staff recruitment and development, camper recruitment, fundraising, and support the ministry of Wesley Acres Inc. through the development and facilitation of program elements for groups and retreats.
The Harbour Ridge Camp Director will work closely with Executive Director, Administrative Services Manager, the Harbour Ridge Committee, and all other staff at Wesley Acres.
Essential Summer Tasks
- Facilitate a world-class camping experience for campers of all ages including all aspects of the camp program
- Manage Harbour Ridge staff and campers within the framework of the Harbour Ridge and Wesley Acres Inc. philosophies and policies
- Facilitate Harbour Ridge Camp staff training
- Facilitate and oversee appropriate discipline amongst the campers and staff
Essential Year-Round Tasks
- Creatively develop and improve the Harbour Ridge Camp summer camp experience year over year in cooperation with the Harbour Ridge Committee
- Seek out and attend an annual camping conference
- Identify and recruit for Harbour Ridge Camp seasonal camp staff positions
- Promote Harbour Ridge Camp with local churches, organizations, schools, community groups, etc.
- Recruit campers to attend Harbour Ridge Camp
- Fundraise for Harbour Ridge Camp
- Promote Harbour Ridge Camp and maintain or delegate responsibility for all Harbour Ridge Camp social media outlets
- Maintain or delegate maintenance of the Harbour Ridge Camp website
- Facilitate registration for Harbour Ridge Camp summer programs using Camp Brain software • Develop and facilitate recreational programming for off-season groups and retreats • Develop and facilitate off-season camping opportunities (eg. Youth weekends, marriage retreats, etc.)
- Develop and manage an annual budget for Harbour Ridge Camp
- Minimum of Bachelor of Arts in Camping Ministry or equivalent experience
- Management/Leadership Development Training
- Extensive camp ministry experience working with campers and youth
- Extensive camp leadership experience including managing staff and volunteers, and program development
- Fundraising and donor relations
- Agreement and adherence to the Free Methodist Church in Canada Statement of Faith
- Standard First Aid/Level C CPR / AED
- Level G Driver’s License
- Professional in communication, conduct and appearance
- Comfortable navigating social media
- Proficient in using Google Suites, Microsoft Office, Zoom, etc.
- Familiarity with Camp Brain software an asset
- Problem solver
- Quick on feet, ability to respond quickly to situations
- Successfully complete a criminal record check including vulnerable sector
- A heart for discipling young people to be passionate followers of Jesus Christ
- Be ready and willing to share the Gospel
- Be 'coachable' and show an interest in personal development, learning and growth
- Provide ongoing encouragement, support and training for other team members
- Maintain an environment which is warm, welcoming and where everyone feels valued and respected
- Responsible, enthusiastic and outgoing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Assist in finding and applying for Government/Grant funding
- Camp Related Certifications an asset (eg. High ropes, archery, etc.)
- Develop partnerships with other potential groups
About Harbour Ridge
Harbour Ridge Camp is a ministry of Wesley Acres Inc. Wesley Acres is located in Prince Edward County overlooking Sandbanks Provincial Park.
Wesley Acres, Inc. is an affiliate of the Free Methodist Church in Canada.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.