Director of Retreats & Outdoor Programs - Pioneer Camp Ontario, Port Sydney, ON
Director of Retreats & Outdoor Programs - Pioneer Camp Ontario, Port Sydney, ON (Posted: 8/6/2018; Closing when filled)
InterVarsity Pioneer Camp Ontario, located in Muskoka, is seeking to fill a full time permanent Director of Retreats and Outdoor Programs position. InterVarsity’s mission is the transformation of youth, students and graduates, in all their ethnic diversity, into fully committed followers of Jesus Christ. In alignment with this purpose, the Director of Retreats and Outdoor Programs will provide excellent guest experiences by delivering high quality, consistent, fun and professional programing. The director will give leadership within the L.E.A.D program (Leadership Experience and Discipleship) to young adults who host weekend groups and school groups. Other duties include program development, administration, fundraising and partnering with the wider Pioneer team. This role requires flexibility in work hours. Evenings and weekends are required.
The ideal applicant for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and clear evidence of growth as a disciple
- Passionate about developing leaders in their pursuit of Jesus
- Excellent relational, conflict management, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team members at all levels
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written)
- Post-secondary education or a minimum of 3 years outdoor education experience
- Ability to teach and train L.E.A.D Instructors to facilitate a variety of outdoor activities
- Guest service focused with emphasis on excellence
- Valid G license with the ability to obtain F Class
- Ability to work in a variety of terrains and weather conditions
- Ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs.
- Any skill or qualification in the following activities (or the ability to obtain) would be considered an asset: ACCT high ropes level II, standard first aid, lifeguard certification, mountain biking, canoeing, archery, skiing, snowshoeing, wilderness skills, wetland studies, climbing wall, low ropes, team building initiative activities.
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter to Laurie Russell, Support Staff Coordinator: email@example.com
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. The successful candidate must be able to affirm InterVarsity’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.