Executive Director - Camp Arnes, Arnes, MB
Executive Director - Camp Arnes, Arnes, MB (Posted: 10/04/2019; Closing 01/04/2020)
Camp Arnes is seeking to fill the position of Executive Director.
Camp Arnes is located north of Gimli Manitoba on the western shores of Lake Winnipeg on a 160 acre parcel of land on water front. Camp Arnes provides an eight week Christian camping experience during the summer that provides activities including but not limited to: horseback riding, archery, high ropes courses, and a climbing wall. Campers will engage in water front activities including kayaking, canoeing, swimming, and indoor swimming. Other activities include laser tag, paint ball, games, crafts and singing and daily Bible lessons. Camp Arnes also provides a one to two year discipleship training program called Forge for young adults training for future camp leadership or other ministry. During the fall, winter and spring months Camp Arnes offers outdoor education to schools, boys and girls clubs, and rentals for church youth groups, families and community groups.
Camp Arnes is an extension of the ministry of the Church, owned and operated by Lake Winnipeg Mission Camp Society, Inc., founded in 1949 by a group of Mennonite Brethren laypeople, and is dedicated to challenging guests with exemplary Christian living, spiritual nurture, character and leadership development in a wilderness environment.
Building on the goals of the founders, the Society strives to demonstrate innovation and leadership in carrying out Christ’s Great Commission to “preach the good news” to all people (Matthew 28:18-20).
Camp Arnes became reality out of a deep desire to provide training in discipleship for children and youth and a firm conviction that the retreat setting was an effective tool to this end, Camp Arnes wants to provide guests with an exceptional atmosphere for inviting them to experience Christ as Lord and Savior (John 3:16 & 17); develop Christian character and leadership qualities through role modeling and formal teaching; provide an outstanding setting and opportunity for recreation and relaxation; foster a sensitive attitude to nature and the management of our environment (Psalm 8:1-9) and offer a camping experience to people of diverse cultural, ethnic and church heritages while recognizing our responsibility to the Mennonite Brethren community of Manitoba.
The Mission of Camp Arnes is to lead young people to a growing, meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ through adventure in creation.
FUN - We value a spirit of fun through a shared experience of play and adventure.
RELATIONSHIPS - We value relationships as modelled by Jesus: authentic and filled with grace and love.
EXCELLENCE - We value opportunity to challenge and inspire people towards excellence for the glory of God.
JOB DESCRIPTION - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Reports To: Board President Department: Administration
Date Created: September 27, 2019
The Executive Director of Camp Arnes functions as the Chief Executive Officer. In this capacity the incumbent is responsible for carrying the vision of the organization with the Board, implementation of policies set by the Board as well as to set strategic annula goals and direct financial status, programs, and administrative management of the organization.
Guidance and direction is provided by the President of the Board, and by the Board’s Executive Committee.
Reports to: Board President
Internal Contacts: Board of Directors, Senior Leadership Team (Operations/Maintenance Director, Forge Director, Marketing Director, Summer Program Director, Outdoor Education and Safety Training Director), Bookkeeper, Office Manager, Booking Coordinator, Registrar.
External Contacts: Churches, public, parents, vendors, government agencies, cottage owners, donors, volunteers, Alumni, constituents.
- Have a mature, personal commitment to Jesus Christ
- Able and willing to share the Gospel when opportunity arises.
- Must exhibit a genuine love for kids and guests with a willingness to serve their interests before their own through a model of Christian service.
- Ability to lead a staff team, manage inter-staff relations.
- Capacity to engage in strategic thinking and compassionate leadership.
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role.
- Knowledge of industry standards and government regulations.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to speak in public
- A valid child abuse registry check and criminal record check.
- Ability to interact with guests, campers and staff in a consistently pleasant manner
- Mediate personnel and relational issues for and with staff
- Agreement/support of Camp Arnes Mission Statement, Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith.
- Flexible with work hours as required to fulfill duties.
- Openness to mentorship and growth.
- Post-Secondary Education from a recognized faith based organization and/or Administration degree is preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in leadership or administrative role is preferred
- Previous camp ministry experience is preferred.
- Requires flexibility in work hours as required to fulfill duties.
SPECIFIC MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Development and Growth
- Develop and facilitate annual fundraising strategy
- Direct communications strategies and tactics with key constituency groups
- Work in conjunction with the Special Events Coordinator in preparing key supporters for promotion and fundraising events.
- Maintain relationships with key supporters and donors
- Visit individuals, churches, organizations and pastors to share the Vision of Camp and to maintain relationships for future campers and staff.
- Represent Camp Arnes in public matters.
- Nurture and inspire a vision for camping ministry and the mission / values of Camp Arnes with staff and donors.
Administration & Organizational Leadership
- Responsible for overall leadership of staff in the development and implementation of short and long range plans, strategic plan and policies.
- Facilitate the development of the annual budget, ensure proper stewardship of all finances
- Work with the Senior Leaders to prepare and manage the annual operational strategy.
- Implement plans and policy drafted at the request of the Board of Directors
- Identify, advise and recommend on needed capital improvements and major equipment purchases.
- Implement and communicate board policies to staff and key constituents
- Establishes procedures that implement operational and or fiscal policies of the administrative team and or Board of Directors.
- Attend monthly board meetings to report on key areas such as budget, capital improvements, staffing, legal issues, successes and improvements.
- Provide information and advice to assist the Board in its decision-making
- Facilitate regular staff and quarterly meetings.
- Guiding the direction of the camp in daily activities to meet the vision
- Ensure adequate business/funds to cover the needs of the camp to fulfill its mission and purpose.
- Develop procedures for the safe, effective and harmonious operation of the camp.
- Ensure appropriate record keeping is being undertaken in all areas of administration.
- Organize, prepare for and attend Annual General meeting – led by the Board.
- Oversees the human resources function to ensure optimum staffing and utilization of competent staff, recommending policy changes to benefits, compensation, employment, training and other areas as appropriate.
- Act as the Human resources head officiating all hiring and dismissals of fulltime staff
- Help to facilitate the spiritual growth of the fulltime and seasonal staff.
- Provide for spiritual personal and professional growth opportunities for leadership staff. Monitor the physical, spiritual and emotional wellbeing of all year round staff.
- Articulate and inspire the vision, goals, strategy, mission and direction of the organization to staff, potential supporters and constituents
Please submit all applications complete with Cover letter, Resume with three (3) references to the Camp Arnes search team.
Attention: Hans E. Boge, email@example.com