Executive Director - Wesley Acres, Bloomfield, ON
Executive Director - Wesley Acres, Bloomfield, ON (posted: 01/23/2020; Closing: when filled)
Wesley Acres is a Christian Retreat Centre & Campground in association with the Free Methodist
Church in Canada. Wesley Acres serves with excellence, the spiritual, educational, and
recreational needs of all people equipping them for Christian service to their family, church, and
Located in the heart of Prince Edward County just outside of Bloomfield, ON, Wesley Acres sits
on the beautiful shores of West Lake overlooking the Sandbanks.
Serving children, youth, and adults of all ages, Wesley Acres ministers to people through a wide
variety of programs that includes Harbor Ridge camps for kids and teens, camps for families of all
ages, specialty camps and weekends, the trailer park (seasonal and year-round ); offering a place
to get away for relaxation and recreation in a Christian environment.
Executive Director - JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to the Wesley Acres Board, the Executive Director is accountable to provide leadership
to Wesley Acres Inc. (not for profit- Ministry) and Wesley Acres Trailer Park Inc. (for profit
corporation owned by WAI) in alignment with the Wesley Acres’ Mission and Values.
As a visionary, the Executive Director will assist the Board in developing a strategic plan that
fosters growth and success in fulfilling the mission of Wesley Acres.
As a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ, the Executive Director will lead by example in living a life
consistent with the Holy Scriptures and will uphold Christian principles consistent with those of
the Free Methodist Church.
The following positions report to the Executive Director (ED):
Managing Director: responsible for managing the day to day operations of W.A. trailer
park, facilities, and assisting the ED in the overall operational management of WAI
Administrative Services Manager: responsible for the financial records and reporting
Communication/Marketing Coordinator: responsible for timely communications to the
WA community and for creating and disseminating WA information to the broader public
Office & Housekeeping staff: responsible for guest services, bookings, and
• Works with the Wesley Acres Board, committees and volunteers in the development and operation
of Ministry plans and program initiatives ensuring that ministry remains current and relevant to the
needs of every generation – for example: family and adult programs, children and youth programs,
as well as special events.
Advancement and Fundraising
• Oversees and leads all Wesley Acres fundraising activities; and is personally accountable for fund
raising a significant portion of the annual fundraising goal.
• Initiates and engages in a variety of marketing, speaking, fundraising and networking activities to
fund and maximize the use of WA facilities; proactively builds relationships with existing and new
donors on an ongoing basis to achieve Annual Donations Budget
• Promotes Wesley Acres to its Members, local churches, businesses, schools and community
• Develops and executes WA marketing programs to ensure full utilization of facilities and
accommodations; manages the marketing and administration of user groups
• Prepares and executes Grant Applications to assist with fundraising
Strategic planning and development
• Participates in the development of the Master Plan of the Wesley Acres Board in order to provide good
stewardship and development of WA – including property and assets, in the near and long term.
• Develops and administers the annual budget and capital budgets and ensures that programs and
activities are delivered within established budgets
• Responsible for providing timely financial reporting: e.g. to the Board of Wesley Acres - for
quarterly “actual to budget” and for special analysis as required; for required Government reporting
such as CRA.
Compliance of WAI and Oversight of WATPI (Wesley Acres Trailer Park Inc.):
Working with the Managing Director gives oversight to WATPI, compliance of Wesley Acres
policies, and by-laws including provincial and municipal/county regulations.
Leadership & Staffing
• Recruits, hires, develops, inspires and motivates a high performing team with the needed skill
sets to lead Wesley Acres in continued success;
• Responsible to manage and supervise the activities of the Managing Director, office, ministry
and housekeeping staff, provides oversight to WA workforce and volunteers
• Effectively leads the operations of ministry, camping, recreation, and trailer park to be efficient, and
• Participates in the “Camping Summit or like activities and visits and dialogues with other
Christian camps and retreat centers – observes and implements “lessons learned” as needed;
finds success in Christian retreat centers and brings it to Wesley Acres
• Mitigates operational risks through identification assessment and implementation of sound risk
• The ED is an ex officio member of all standing Committees, including but not limited to: Master
Planning Committee (Ad-hoc), Advancement Committee, Harbor Ridge Committee, Ministry
Programming Committee, Facilities Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a desire to grow as a follower, and evidence of a
growing relationship with God;
• Ability in and knowledge of marketing, promotion, fundraising, and programming;
• Experience in leading or serving in a thriving Christian camping environment preferred;
• Understanding of the dynamics of operations within a camping ministry setting that also
legally functions as a charitable corporation in Ontario is an asset;
• Adaptability and flexibility to changing camp and staff environment, and the ability to work in
collaboration with and under the direction of a Board of Directors;
• Proven ability to tactfully deal with differences of opinions and competing demands,
experience with conflict resolution;
• Experience in managing or working with volunteers;
• Proven decisive leadership skills; strong oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent organizational and management skills; well-developed team builder, problem
• Experience in the development and execution of strategic plans;
• Business acumen; particularly in the area of budget development, fiscal control and basic
• Working knowledge of property/facilities management, building construction, operations and
• Competent in the use of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); experience with
an accounting software package would be an asset.
LEADER MANAGER COMPETENCIES
• Communication / Impact and Influence
• Critical Thinking
• Organization and Planning
• Team Motivation
• Decision Making and Problem Solving
IF YOU HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES AND THIS POSITION EXCITES YOU, PLEASE
FORWARD YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
CAROL BABCOCK: CAROL.BABCOCK1@GMAIL.COM
Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be