Executive Director - Whispering Pines Camp, Elkwater, AB
Executive Director - Whispering Pines Camp, Elkwater, AB (Posted: 9/16/2018; Closing: 9/30/2018)
This Full-Time position will provide leadership to Whispering Pines Camp following the purpose,
values, and strategic priorities as outlined by the Board of Directors. He or she will shape,
promote and implement growth strategies through visionary, strategic and spiritual leadership
and oversee all aspects of WPC ministry. These include building strong staff teams; building
strong public relations; providing solid leadership; and executing excellent program, property,
facility, operations, administrative, financial and marketing management.
• Ensure the ongoing Spiritual health of the camp and Staff
• Lead the on-going ideas, development and implementation of new programs to keep
the camp program fresh and cutting edge for both the summer camp and retreat/rental
season to build on the camps strengths and appeal to the needs in the local
communities of Elkwater and Medicine Hat.
• Ensure the provision of safe & adequate equipment, facilities & training to drive a fun,
recreational and engaging camp program for campers as well as for retreat groups and
• Develop and implement summer camp program within WPC mission statement.
Programming will entail the development of themes and schedule for each camp activity
to provide campers with a fun and meaningful week at camp.
• Recruiting of summer staff to run the camp program, and year-round staff for retreats
as well as facility maintenance staff with a focus on staff training, development and
• Responsible for booking retreats/guests, hosting and group management during
retreat/rental season with the goal of keeping the camp fully booked.
• Responsible for up keep and maintenance of facilities including cleaning and repairs
• Oversee and maintain employment files and forms, and lead & supervise all permanent
staff for which this position is responsible.
• Oversee the advertising of the camp both summer and retreat/rental season.
• Develop and maintain camp website.
• Continue to build and oversee the volunteer program.
• Provide written reports for the WPC board meetings.
• Prepare and maintain comprehensive operations manual, developing and implementing
routines, schedules and procedures.
• With the WPC board, develop annual budgets and set fees.
• Enable and oversee the work of the bookkeeper. Submit receipts and invoices to
• Help the Board in development and implementation of Fundraising opportunities
• Shall be able to effectively supervise staff so that ministry is accomplished
• Exhibit pleasant and personable behavior toward people of all ages, with ability to meet
• Exhibit the qualities of a “self-starter”, not relying on outside influences for motivation
• Shall be able to conduct all ministries and operate facilities according to visions and
budget so that the mission of WPC is carried out, resulting in an environment where:
1) Effective ministry takes place
2) Staff are equipped to perform duties
3) Guests’ expectations are met and exceeded
• Shall be actively involved in a local church, have a passion for WPC and support the
Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada statement of faith.
Application date deadline Sept 30, 2018,
Salary and benefits will be discussed during the interview process.
Only serious inquiries will be contacted.
Other camp experience is considered an asset.
Please Send Resume to email@example.com including 3 references.
Whispering Pines Camp
PO Box 23110 Medicine Hat Mall
Medicine Hat, AB