Executive Director - Frontier Lodge, Nordegg, AB (Posted: 6/18/18; Closing: 6/30/18)
Frontier Lodge is a Christian wilderness adventure camp situated on the eastern slopes of the Canadian Rockies which provides mountain adventure sport instruction, custom group wilderness experiences, and summer adventure camps for youth and adults with a maximum capacity of approximately 85 guests. Additionally, Frontier Lodge hosts the Explore Outdoor Leadership Program in partnership with Prairie College, a one-year certificate program that can lead to a two or four-year college degree. Frontier Lodge’s mission is to “use God’s wilderness to reach, teach and train youth and adults for Jesus Christ.”
Our Core Purpose is to:
Inspire people to experience and know the goodness of God.
Missional community where Christ is our standard and hope.
Each individual we come in contact with.
Experiences in the outdoors that connect us to our Creator.
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
This position will provide leadership to the ministry and mission of Frontier Lodge in alignment with Frontier Lodge’s Core Purpose, Mission, and Statement of Faith. The Executive Director will oversee and grow the organization through visionary spiritual leadership, and be accountable for all aspects of the ministry. This includes oversight of finances, human resources, facilities, marketing, operations, administration, programming, public relations, environmental impact, and the spiritual health of the organization.
The Executive Director should feel they can thrive in a non-bureaucratic, dynamic and fast- moving environment. The staff of Frontier Lodge enjoy a high degree of autonomy and empowerment based on their demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and integrity while adhering to an overarching mandate to drive a high level of service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide spiritual direction and leadership for the Frontier Lodge community.
2. Build, train, organize, care for, and lead a staff team of 16-24 individuals capable of furthering the mission of Frontier Lodge.
3. Ensure the financial viability of Frontier Lodge.
4. Ensure all activities and resources are directed towards furthering the mission of Frontier Lodge.
5. Protect and build the reputation of Frontier Lodge.
6. Provide open and transparent communication to the Board of Directors.
Qualifications & Experience
The following are the minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the duties of Executive Director:
● Spiritual maturity and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
● Value the Frontier Lodge mission statement of “Using God’s wilderness to reach, teach and train youth and adults for Jesus Christ”
● A Bachelor Degree in a related field is considered an asset, but commensurate experience will be considered
● Experience in leadership, management, team building and financial responsibility
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● Excellent organizational skills
● Flexibility to work irregular and extended hours as required
● Ability to travel to represent and promote Frontier Lodge
● Accept the Frontier Camping Society Statement of Faith
Competencies and Strengths
● Strategic Planning
● Emotional Resiliency
● Develops Self and Others
● Builds Collaborative Environments
● Develops Networks
● Business Acumen
The application process will be open until June 30, 2018. Once the deadline has passed, the Board of Directors will contact those selected to schedule an initial interview.
Please note that compensation for this role includes food and accommodations provided on-site, as well as a monthly stipend. All of our staff members raise their own support to cover the remainder of their salary.
Please send your resume with a cover letter describing your interest in this position to Becky Payne, Chair of the Board of Directors for Frontier Lodge, at rebecca.justine.payne@gmail.
For more information about who we are and what we do check out our website at www.frontierlodge.ca.
For a look at our Summer Camps - https://www.facebook.com/
For a look at our Fat Tire Mountain Biking Festival -