Executive Director, Joy Bible Camp, Bancroft, ON
Executive Director, Joy Bible Camp, Bancroft, ON (Posted 03/14/22; Closing 04/30/22)
Joy Bible Camp is seeking an accomplished individual to serve as our Executive Director.
Joy Bible Camp is located on Faraday Lake - just minutes from Bancroft, Ontario, two-and-a-half hours from both Toronto and Ottawa. We have almost 700 acres of beautiful lakefront, forest, field, and hiking trails that provide countless recreation options. For 75 years Joy Bible Camp has provided camp experiences for children, youth, families, and retreat groups year-round. Our vision is to see generations of people transformed forever - cultivating in others a growing, authentic, contagious relationship with God.
The successful candidate will report to the Board of Directors and be responsible for providing overall strategic leadership and direction for Joy Bible Camp. The candidate will be Christ-focused with the proven gifting necessary to bring about growth and sustainable change to lead JOY into its next 75 years of ministry.
● To provide leadership that is guided by JOY’s mission, vision, and core values.
● Demonstrates a calling and gifting for the role.
● Professes faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and is actively living in faithful obedience following Him. Their faith will be evident through their character and behaviour.
● Agrees with JOY’S statement of faith and is in good standing both within a community of faith and the surrounding world.
● To provide services that are within approved budgets, comply with all legal, safety, and health requirements, ensure others are treated in a respectful manner and that people serving in subordinate roles are treated equitably and have access to conflict resolution when required.
● Report to the Board of Directors and act as the communication between staff and the board
● Providing overall strategic leadership and direction for Joy Bible Camp.
● Develop and work to implement a long term strategic plan in accordance with JOY’s mission, vision, and core values
● Provide opportunities for people to encounter Jesus and be transformed forever through Joy Bible Camp - cultivating in others a growing, authentic, contagious relationship with God.
● Work with the staff to provide guests with a positive experience at every point of contact
● Participate in the hiring, development, mentoring, and training of all direct reports. Build a competent team by meeting with and coaching direct reports and effectively communicating and executing strategic goals and objectives.
● Maintain a cost-effective camp through the creation of budgets, careful allocation of resources, and sound fiscal management. Continuously improve operations through waste reduction, facilities optimization, and cost reduction
● Provide overall project management support to ensure objectives are met.
● Identify and develop a case to make improvements to the current camp facilities.
● Inspire donors and stakeholders to give and strengthen their commitment.
● Effectively handle employee and/or camper relations, discipline, and complaint issues.
Resolving issues when they reach the ED in the complaint process. (e.g.- Department Leads→General Director→ED)
● Regularly evaluate outcomes and processes to improve the quality of camp experience and efficiencies. Preparation and analysis of reports relevant for financial and operational performance indicators.
● Act as a liaison between the camp and the surrounding community.
● Identify future camp relationships and ensure proper execution of marketing programs.
● Ensure overall processes are in place to achieve high standards.
● Ensure implementation of camp safety policies and procedures.
● Assume other duties and responsibilities as required.
● Visionary initiative with a positive attitude and solutions-orientation
● Proven leadership abilities with strengths in communication, organization, planning, and administration skills.
● Strong customer service skills and ability to demonstrate poise and diplomacy
● Aptitude for inspiring donors and stakeholders to give and strengthen their commitment
● Strong budgeting and financial management skills
● Ability to bring about successful conflict resolution
● Ability to train, motivate, and mentor personnel at all levels
● Sales and Marketing skills preferred
● Skills and experience in current social media trends and skills
● Experience in the camping sector, non-profit, or ministry is a strong asset.
● Proficient in computer and Office/ Google Suites
Competitive salary includes onsite housing, health, and dental benefits.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, along with a list of three references to Board@joycamp.ca on or before April 15th, 2022. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Questions regarding this posting may also be submitted to the same address.