Executive Director, Quest at Christopher Lake, Christopher Lake, SK
Executive Director, Quest at Christopher Lake, Christopher Lake, SK (Posted 03/14/22; Closing 04/01/22)
|POSITION ADVERTISED: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, 2022
Employer: The Quest at Christopher Lake Baptist Camp and Retreat Centre
Job Type: Full Time. The ideal candidate will live on site.
Language Requirements: English
Education Requirements: Post Secondary from a recognised evangelical Bible College or Seminary, or Business training.
Preferred Job Experience: Previous Experience in working at a not-for profit, preferable in a camp setting. Training / experience in Student Development is an asset.
Job Industry: Management
Job Location: Christopher Lake, SK
The Executive Director will be the most senior management position in the organization and is the person responsible for setting and achieving the vision, mission and goals of The Quest. The Executive Director will best direct the organization and achieve long-term success in its evangelical Christian ministry.
Ideally, the Executive Director will live on site, depending on their housing requirements. If not living on site, living within a fifteen-minute drive will be necessary.
This is a salaried position based on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate, and will include a benefits package. Salary range is $45,000-$55,000.
• Setting and achieving the organizational vision, mission and goals of The Quest for both the summer camp season, and the year-round partnership with local post-secondary institutions.
• Modelling and setting the organization’s culture, values and behaviour
• Communicating with and advising The Quest Board of Directors
• Setting and following yearly budgets. Creativity and frugality are assets.
• Travelling throughout central Saskatchewan to meet with current and potential donors/supporters
• Connecting with stakeholders of The Quest using various medias, including a regular newsletter (Quest Quips) a minimum four times per year.
• With the new business model of The Quest, the Executive Director must work closely with the post-secondary students who will be living on site during the school year. Familiarity with the logistics and legalities of a dormitory setting and/or rentals is required, or necessary to learn.
• Working alongside seasonal program staff, summer children’s camps need to be organised, advertised, and funded. Applying for grants is essential. Compliance with Plan to Protect, Saskatchewan Camping Association, Business Response Team, local Health mandates is required.
• Fostering a positive image of The Quest’s ministry
• Planning and executing fundraiser initiatives
• Supervising the other staff, including the Site Manager
• Participating in summer camping program as a leader
• Recruiting, hiring and supervising other members of The Quest management team
• Other duties as assigned by The Quest Board of Directors
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
o Be willing to submit a Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, and a Confidentiality Agreement if hired.
• At this point, all on-site staff must be fully vaccinated from COVID 19
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft programs and computer skills
• Hospitable and welcoming towards other staff members, dormitory students, and campers
• Willingness to support the ministry of The Quest and be in agreement with our Statement of Faith.
• Management of other hired staff in a team setting
ABOUT THE QUEST:
The Quest at Christopher Lake is a Christian summer camp providing this experience to people
of all ages and backgrounds. The Quest is a ministry of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. The Quest operates as a summer camp from June to August, and for the remainder of the year provides accommodations for students in a dormitory setting. This is a new business model starting fall 2022.
The Quest is also supported by its ministry partners which exist across Saskatchewan. The Quest strives to bring all who come through its gates at least one step closer to Jesus Christ.
The Quest is located in the District of Lakeland, Saskatchewan and sits on 136 acres of
waterfront property on Christopher Lake. The Quest has two main rental facilities, several
smaller cabins, and the ability to host and feed a maximum of 160 people. The Quest features
multiple recreational facilities including a large swimming area, which is used as a rink in winter,
climbing wall, canoeing, archery pit, low ropes courses, and one boat for use in the watersports
program. The Quest also has 2 large maintenance buildings (which includes a large Site Manager Shop), plus the Director’s residence.
Please submit cover letter, resume, statement of Christian faith and driver abstract to Board Chair, Ian Hecht at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is Friday, April 1, 2022.