Executive Director, Shekinah Retreat Centre, Waldheim, SK
Executive Director, Shekinah Retreat Centre, Waldheim, SK (Posted 10/20/23)
Shekinah Retreat Centre has an opening for the Executive Director position. We are seeking a high energy person to grow our camping and facility rental programs. The preferred candidate will have a commitment to the Anabaptist tradition, an entrepreneurial spirit, non profit leadership experience and excellent communication skills. Preferred start date is in January 2024, but can be negotiated. Most salary and benefits follow Mennonite Church Canada guidelines.
For further information contact Board chair, Phyllis Goertz: 306 242 8367 or email@example.com.
Shekinah is owned by Mennonite Church Saskatchewan.
our Mission is
“for all to experience the Glory and Presence of God.”
We are located about 45 minutes north of Saskatoon, on the North Saskatchewan River. Going down the banks to the plain below is breathtaking with the ravine close by, an open meadow, the river bank on the other side and the beautiful Timber Lodge. The heart of Shekinah is summer camp for children from ages 7-18 years. In addition to summer camp our facilities are available for rent for group meetings of every kind from weddings, family reunions, church meetings, quilting workshops and business meetings to school programing.
• Accountable to board of Shekinah
• Works with the Board to establish a strategic plan
• Implements the policies of the Board
• Provides vision, direction, and ongoing support to staff and Board members
• Facilitates stakeholder relations in accomplishing the goals and objectives of Shekinah
• Responsible for all aspects of planning, fundraising, and programming
• Responsible for all administrative and financial functions
• Maintains positive public and staff relations.
• Effectively manages the human resources, communications, and office support infrastructure and processes
• Responsible for the hiring, training, supervision, evaluation, and dismissal of employees, seeking Board input when necessary
• Recruits and coordinates volunteer resources
• Manages all operations required to ensure delivery of quality programs
• Develops and implements effective fundraising strategies that meet operational and special project revenue goals.
• Responsible for the resourcing/development of a communications strategy, and overseeing the implementation of that strategy together with staff, including the development of promotional materials, newsletters, and website development
• Develops and implements marketing and public relations programs that will significantly increase the profile and brand awareness of Shekinah, including visiting churches
• Establishes the required controls to monitor changing financial conditions within the organization.
Please visit Mennonite Church Saskatchewan's website for further information on our governing organization and Confession of Faith.