Food Services and Hospitality Manager, Camp Nutimik, Whiteshell Provincial Park, MB
Food Services and Hospitality Manager, Camp Nutimik, Whiteshell Provincial Park, MB (Posted 08/08/2022; Closing 10/01/2022)
Camp Nutimik a faith-based camping ministry located in the Whiteshell Provincial Park, Manitoba is seeking a full-time Food Services & Hospitality Manager effective September 1, 2022. As the Food Services & Hospitality Manager, you will be a part of the Senior Leadership Team of Camp Nutimik and be primarily responsible to oversee, coordinate and administrate all food services and guest group rentals offered by Camp Nutimik. Additional duties will include the oversight, coordination and management of facility cleanliness and some office administrative tasks. This position will also oversee and be responsible for supervision of kitchen staff and volunteers as required.
Qualified candidates should be:
- A committed believer in Jesus Christ and in good standing with an Evangelical Church
- Of sound Christian character
- Called to this ministry
- A love and respect for children and youth, as well as adults.
- Able to subscribe without reservation to the Camp Nutimik doctrinal statement as well as to the principles and practices of Camp Nutimik.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible with work hours as required to fulfill duties ensuring proper time off for personal care
Educational & Occupational Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Knowledge of current health and safety laws and practices is essential (Food Handler’s & WHMIS Certification)
- Knowledge of and experience in preparation of special dietary foods (Gluten free, etc.)
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen environment
- Experience preparing meals for groups of up to 100 people at one time
- Highly organized and professional
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Communication and relationship skills.
- An ability to coordinate and organize volunteers and projects.
- Familiarity with and comfort using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and other relevant software and apps for organizing and communicating electronically.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift 25 lbs, stand for many hours consecutively while working in the kitchen
- Ability to bend, squat, be on hands and knees while cleaning, climb stairs, and be around cleaning chemicals on a regular basis
- Ability to safely operate and maintain commercial equipment
- Ability to work well with others in a camp environment
- Ability to work in a hot, humid and fast-paced workplace
- Willing to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- The camp will provide on-site housing and utilities including electricity, water, and internet.
- Comprehensive health benefit package (health, dental, vision, long-term disability)
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to the attention of Dave Robinson, Executive Director;
Box 35040 RPO Henderson, Winnipeg, MB R2K 4J9 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: October 1, 2022