Group Sales Associate - Fair Havens Ministries, Beaverton, ON
Group Sales Associate - Fair Havens Ministries, Beaverton, ON (Posted: 8/26/2019; Closing: 11/1/2019)
Under the direction and supervision of the offsite Group Sales Manager and the onsite Business Services Manager, the Associate’s objective is to assist in all rental retreat related functions to include inquiries, bookings and rebookings in order to maximize available facility rentals and to contribute to “Excellence in Guest Service and Experience”.
Key Responsibilities (under the direction of and working in collaboration with the offsite Group Sales Manager)
- Assist Group Sales Manager with all rental retreat bookings and rental inquiries;
- Maintain current records of all confirmed bookings and potential bookings, maintain filing system for current and past years; responsible to print and file any information sent by Group Sales Manager;
- Process payments and record payments for Accounting records;
- Be available to greet each rental group upon arrival with keys and information available for the rental group coordinator; act as Fair Havens’ liaison with group’s coordinator
- Ensure that equipment and facilities are in order, prior to retreat(s) arrival, and that all accounts are settled upon departure; regular inspections of the retreat spaces;
- Organize and lead monthly function meetings for Fair Havens staff, outlining details of upcoming retreat groups
Other Responsibilities (under the direction of and working in collaboration with the offsite Group Sales Manager)
- Work as a part of the Front Office Reception Team; available to direct phone calls and on-site guests;
- Assist with weekend Duty Manager shifts as required (typically about 2-3 per month)
- May be assigned other duties from time-to-time by the Executive Director, including assisting in other departments as needed
Working Conditions (hours, environment, etc.)
- Working in a Christian service ministry requires a high standard of personal integrity and lifestyle. Each staff member working at Fair Havens will be expected to adhere to the Code of Conduct as described in the Staff Manual. All staff are expected to share in the vision and ministry of Fair Havens regardless of their position.
- Our motto must be adopted and practiced by all staff: “We do our BEST for every GUEST … in JESUS’ name
- Weekend work will be required. Expect an average of 35 to 44 hours per week (Sept-November; January-June)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Guest/customer service experience required
- Sales experience required
- Computer skills an asset (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
For more information or to apply, contact email@example.com.