Group Work Supervisor, Crane Lake Discovery Camp, Mactier, ON
Group Work Supervisor, Crane Lake Discovery Camp, Mactier, ON (Posted 12/7/22; Closing 01/31/23)
• Two-year term
• Living on-site (housing provided)
About Crane Lake Discovery Camp
Crane Lake Discovery Camp is a therapeutic wilderness camp for boys aged 10-15 near Mactier, Ontario. Our intensive program helps boys discover life skills for a better future. Since 2005, we have impacted the lives of over 250 boys in our summer camp. We are shifting to a year-round program in 2023, opening our doors to boys who are not thriving in the traditional education system. Joining us now, you can both join an established program and be part of pioneering the year-round program.
About this role
The Group Work Supervisor oversees the group programming on a day-to-day basis, supervising and assisting counsellors, helping the group meet therapy goals, and overseeing academic work. He also oversees building projects at the campsite and is responsible to make sure campers have adequate clothing. He is a voice of experience, maturity, and stability to the group.
• Supervises day-to-day activities of the group (goal setting, progress reports).
• Supervises academic work of the group (plans, article writing, menus, letters home).
• Builds a strong relationship with each camper.
• Supervises and assists Counsellors as needed.
• Leads daily Chuckwagon program (educational program in dining hall).
• Oversight of trips and goal planning.
• Oversight of building projects.
Skills and Qualifications
• Mature, dedicated Christian
• Good interpersonal skills
• Committed to building & maintaining healthy family relationships
• "Stick ability"
• Able to analyze and assess individual and group needs
• Able to make wise decisions
• Able to work harmoniously as a part of the staff team
• Sensitive to the individual needs of camper
• Ability to oversee education, following the curiosity of campers
• High School Diploma
• Driver’s License
Why you should work at Crane Lake Discovery Camp
• Team. You like to live and work with other amazing people. We are a small community on a mission – to help boys achieve their potential through our therapeutic wilderness camp. We run as a team and work together.
• Wilderness. You love being in the great outdoors. You love canoeing, fishing, swimming, camping, building campfires.
• Meaning. You want your life to make a difference. You want to work with people and see the impact of your efforts.
• Faith. You want to put your faith into action. You have a strong relationship with God, and you want to walk each day with God and take a risk for him. You know his love, and you want to help others know him too.
• Pioneer. You like to have a voice in your work, and to innovate and create. A cubicle isn’t your thing; you are in your element faced with a difficult problem and finding a way to solve it. You think outside the box.
How to Apply
Email our Executive Director, Ron Weber, at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a call or a visit. You can also email your resume and cover letter to applications@
Closing date is January 31, 2023. Position starts spring/summer 2023.