Head Chef - Forest Cliff Camp, London, ON (Posted: 2/28/18; Closing: When filled)
Position Title: Head Chef/Food Service Director
Employment Status: Seasonal Fulltime with opportunity for extension
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Lambton Shores, ON
Full job post can be viewed at http://www.forestcliff.ca/
The Head Chef over sees the day to day kitchen and food service operations while complying with all Health and Safety standards, proper food- handling techniques and Forest Cliff Camp. The Head Chef supervises summer seasonal staff, volunteer staff kitchen staff and leads the ministry focus in the food service area.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Oversee Food Service Operations
• Assess inventory, prepare daily production list, verify recipes and quantities:
• Create menu, prepare and ensure quality control of all food through daily check of each meal.
• Order food, maintain vendor relationships, manage the Food Service Budget and innovate to find efficiencies in food related costs
Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization of kitchen and dining room:
• Ensures the kitchen, fridge, equipment, buffet, food pantry, dish area, and walk in freezer are organized.
• Supervising the daily cleaning routines through organization, participation, schedules and checklists.
• Is aware of and abides by all Health and Safety and Food Handling requirements.
• Communicate with parents of campers about allergies, food restrictions and menu alternatives
Lead, train and manage the team and individuals:
• Participate in lead the ministry focus of the Food Service Area
• Plan and implement on going training of staff.
• Plan and implement weekly/bi-weekly meetings with team (summer only)
• Assign staff schedules
• Work alongside and coach as required
• Participate in meetings as needed.
• Personal and professional development
• Other requests as outlined by the Executive Director
• Demonstrated cooking abilities for large groups.
• Ability to initiate independently as well as work effectively on a team.
• Desire to produce quality product within a budget
• Passion for youth ministry, leadership development and summer camp
• Possess strength and endurance to deliver results
Please forward all cover letters and resumes to tshaule @ forestcliff.ca
Thank you for your interest in Forest Cliff Camps!
Forest Cliff Camps is a Christian non-denominational organization that exists to create life changing and unforgettable camp experiences that encourage young people to grow in relationship with Jesus Christ. We are committed to serving young people by providing inclusive environments, unique activities and intentional relationships that foster a sense of belonging. As we experience growth in our ministry, we are seeking people who can bring experience, knowledge, energy and a passion for Jesus in reaching kids for Christ.