Head Chef, Muskoka Woods, Rosseau, ON
Head Chef, Muskoka Woods, Rosseau, ON (Posted: 10/11/2018; Closing when filled)
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and across Ontario through our CITYCAMP program. We specialize in summer camp, day camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Position: FOOD SERVICE MANAGER/HEAD CHEF
Reports to: Executive Chef
Employment Status: Full-time – Salary, plus benefits
Location: At our Resort in Rosseau, Ontario
To champion an excellent customer experience in our dining rooms by providing quality food and food service to staff and guests. Oversee menu delivery, kitchen operations and all food service personnel while maintaining a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen and dining rooms.
Key Job Functions:
Oversee Menu Delivery
- Ensure quality control of all meals, breakfast bar and salad bar through daily checks.
- Plan and deliver “Special Diet” menu
- Cook meals as assigned
- Contribute to overall menu planning
- Assess inventory and make suggestions for purchasing.
- Reduce and manage food waste
Oversee Operations of dining rooms, kitchen and food storage areas
- Comply with all Health and Safety standards, proper food-handling techniques and Muskoka Woods standards
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization in all areas.
- Ensure operation and maintenance of all food service related equipment.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are set and followed by all.
Lead, manage and train the team and individuals
- Implement weekly Level 10 meetings
- Participate in and implement quarterly Staff Development weeks.
- Plan and deliver on going staff training
- Implement Growth Rings (employee performance evaluation) as scheduled
- Assign staff schedules
- Be present, work alongside and coach as required.
- Participate in community events and initiatives as required (ie Cadence, one on ones, social gatherings)
- Participate in meetings as needed.
- Participate in corporate events including Town Hall, leadership meetings and annual Retreat
- Personal and professional development
- Other requests as outlined by the Executive Chef
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Customer service mindset for children, youth and adults.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Strong people and time management skills
- Attentive to detail
- Strong planning, organizing and administration skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work within the larger team of Muskoka Woods
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods’ Core Values and Core Leaves
- College/University degree or equivalent in experience.
- Red Seal Chef or equivalent in experience.
- 5 to 10 years of cooking/kitchen experience.
- 3 to 5 years of proven leadership experience of young people and adults.
- Ability to lift and move 10 to 40lbs
- Able to stand, walk and work for 6 to 8 hours
- Possess physical and mental strength and endurance to maintain constant supervision of guests and staff
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with guests and staff.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your interest in Muskoka Woods!