Head Cook, Medeba, Haliburton, ON
Head Cook, Medeba, Haliburton, ON (Posted 05/28/21; Closing when filled)
Permanent, full-time, Operations Position (Approx. 40 hour per week) Starting time is mid-August to early September.
Located in Haliburton Ontario, Medeba is seeking to fill the position of Head Cook. Medeba is a Christian organization whose mission is To use adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say yes to God. In alignment with this purpose, the Head Cook will provide leadership to our Kitchen Staff who deliver over 55,000 meals each year for our summer campers, year-round guests and staff.
The Head Cook is responsible for all aspects of meal preparation including, kitchen cleanliness, and supervision of kitchen volunteers. This role requires flexibility in work hours. Early mornings, evenings and weekends are required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• General knowledge of, and practical experience in, camp cooking procedures.
• Ability to lead others and share the workload.
• Ability to work well with others, and to encourage and motivate others.
• Ability to follow instructions and submit to leadership.
• Must be physically and mentally able to endure the demands of the work.
• Must be a self-starter, trustworthy, dependable, available, and adaptable.
• Possess a current Food Handling Training Certificate, Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate and Ontario Health and Safety online Training. This training can be arranged as a part of the orientation process.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• To be responsible for the preparation of meals in accordance with menus and recipes.
• To assist Food Service Director in developing and preparing menus.
• To direct the personnel assigned to assist in the preparation of all meals.
• Ensure that frozen food is taken out early enough to thaw, etc.
• To work safely, efficiently and within the accepted government health standards
• Receive deliveries and keep cooler, freezers, storage areas clean and tidy.
• To make sure all stock is properly rotated to avoid spoilage.
• Other jobs as assigned by the Food Service Director.
• To keep the kitchen area and all equipment clean in accordance to standards set out by Medeba and the Health authorities.
• To make sure all stock is stored in the proper areas at the proper temperature.
• To spiritually encourage staff, lead devotions and prayer times.
• (This position does not include hiring staff and can involve assisting with menu planning, food ordering or purchasing)
Please contact Medeba's Food Service Director Ken Stevens, email@example.com for more information.