Head Cook, Pleasant Bay Camp, Consecon, ON
Head Cook, Pleasant Bay Camp, Consecon, ON (Posted 02/13/23)
Pleasant Bay Kids’ Camp is a set-apart space that facilitates relational encounter between the self, the other, and God. PBC has accepted five fundamental characteristics of the Christian camp model: different from home, relational, safe space, faith-centred, and participatory. We believe dynamic interplay of these characteristics for positive and lasting change for the campers and their supporting networks.
- To be a fully devoted follower of Christ, living with character and integrity.
- Strong (or demonstrating the potential to be strong) in each one of the 5 PBC Fundamental Values: Faith Centered, Relational, Connected to Nature, Participatory and a Fun Safe Person
- A mature person who is able to plan ahead, prepare balanced meals and delegate responsibilities to others
- Ability to respect and uphold the rules of camp
- Desire to add creative flare to their area of responsibility with passion and ownership
- Handles conflicts appropriately
- Has an inclusive attitude
Skills and Responsibilities:
1. Menu planning for balance meals, food purchases and receiving of deliveries
2. Managing volunteers and staff; ensuring proper hygiene practices
3. Food preparation and dining room management
4. Abide by all health and safety regulations and wear appropriate/mandated attire in the kitchen and dining room
5. Able to steward camp resources well; including price comparison and leftover usage
6. Keep food properly stored and refrigerated, regularly check freezer temperature
7. Good time management
8. Experience cooking for large groups is an asset
9. Participate in Summer Staff training sessions and team meetings
10. Adhere to all current health safety protocols as outlined by Camp Management
Completion of secondary school
Food Handler Certificate
Experience with Summer Camps an asset
Must have a current Police and VS Check Applicants and be able to legally work in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY
Should you want to learn more about this opportunity, please call Board Director of Kids’ Camp, Janice Twiddy at 613-399-5877or forward your resume, a letter of introduction and the names and contact information for 3 references, in confidence to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.