Head Cook, Stoney Lake Bible Camp, Melfort, SK
Head Cook, Stoney Lake Bible Camp, Melfort, SK (Posted 12/10/21; Closing 04/30/22)
One Hope Canada Ministries
Stoney Lake Bible Camp
The Head Cook will be responsible to plan and make meals each week for large groups. They will be responsible to oversee the kitchen helpers for the summer. Being a team player is a must. You will need to have your Safe Food Handling course.
- Cook for school rentals in June and for camp in July and August
- Meal prep
- Oversee the menu for the weeks of camp
- Make sure meals are ready in a timely manner
- Order all grocery, dairy, meat, and other necessary supplies
Qualifications and requirements:
- Follower of Christ with a good testimony
- Safe food handling course
- Good self-starter.
- Able to work well with all staff and volunteers.
- Help Train Stoney Work Crew staff in their responsibilities in the kitchen
- Able to handle large food volumes and sizable groups.
- Spiritual leader – you will have opportunity to mentor some staff
- Good working knowledge of food services
- Well organized
- Able to operate a large kitchen
- Able to work with a kitchen coordinator
- Do inventory and order all supplies for food services
- Keep walk-in cooler and freezer clean
- Able to organize so that by end of summer there is a minimum of supplies
- Be a good shopper
- Modern and well-equipped kitchen
- Employment from May to end of August
- Onsite housing supplied
Line of Communication:
- One Hope Canada field director
- Stoney camp board
- Stoney Executive Director
Contact Jason Leo by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 306-920-0882 for more information or to apply.