Kitchen Service (Seasonal, Winter) - Muskoka Woods, Rosseau, ON
Kitchen Service (Seasonal, Winter) - Muskoka Woods, Rosseau, ON (Posted: 10/11/2018; Closing: 12/7/2018)
Members of the service team contribute to the overall service of staff and guests to ensure a quality dining room service.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Dining Room Service
• Ensure buffet areas are well stocked and ready for each meal
• Communicate to guests how mealtimes work at Muskoka Woods
• Ensure special diet buffet is stocked and answer questions accordingly
• Clean dining halls after every meal including sweeping, mopping, wiping down tables and buffets etc.
• Any other duties required by supervisor
Cleanliness & Organization
• Ensure all kitchen work stations and refrigerators are clean and organized
• Help with dishes: cleaning, organizing, and putting away
• Follow daily cleaning routines
• Is aware of all Health & Safety and Food Handling Requirements
• Care for the guests by modelling our customer service standards (Safety, Detail, Sizzle, Development) and our SMILE standard (Serve, Maintain, Initiate, Listen, Encourage)
• Attend and participate in team meetings, one on ones, Cadence and small groups, and planned social events.
**Please note: Due to the nature of our business, days off and daily schedules vary according to the needs of our customers. All positions are also required to work in other areas including program, washing dishes, housekeeping, grounds keeping and office coverage.
Compensation: Salary plus room and board.
Skills & Attributes
• Hard working
• Servant’s heart
• Strong oral communication skills
• Time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Team player
• Personal values that match Muskoka Woods’ core values and faith affirmations.
• Commercial kitchen experience preferred but not required
• Able to assist in unloading of food truck – up to 50 lbs
• Possess the ability to stand for 6-8 hours at a time
• Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying firewood, shoveling snow, moving bins between 10 – 30 lbs
Please note this is an entry level seasonal student position. For more information or to apply, contact email@example.com.