Kitchen Staff, Crane Lake Discovery Camp, Mactier, ON
Kitchen Staff, Crane Lake Discovery Camp, Mactier, ON (Posted 12/7/22; Closing 02/28/23)
• Two-year term
• Living on-site (housing provided)
About Crane Lake Discovery Camp
Crane Lake Discovery Camp is a therapeutic wilderness camp for boys aged 10-15 near Mactier, Ontario. Our intensive program helps boys discover life skills for a better future. Since 2005, we have impacted the lives of over 250 boys in our summer camp. We are shifting to a year-round program in 2023, opening our doors to boys who are not thriving in the traditional education system. Joining us now, you can both join an established program and be part of pioneering the year-round program.
About this role
The Kitchen staff work to prepare all meals for campers and staff at camp. Campers love the food at camp, and it is always one of their highlights. This is an important role, providing stability and enjoyment to the campers.
• Prepares meals and snacks under the supervision of the Kitchen Supervisor.
• Keep kitchen clean
• Keep food properly stored and refrigerated
• Ensure and maintain hygiene and cleanliness
Skills and Qualifications
• Dedicated Christian
• Committed to building & maintaining healthy family relationships
• Good organizational skills
• Good understanding of nutrition
• Good understanding of food safety
• Good flexibility, able to adapt to shifting priorities and schedules.
• Food Handler Certificate
• Strong work ethic
Why you should work at Crane Lake Discovery Camp
• Team. You like to live and work with other amazing people. We are a small community on a mission – to help boys achieve their potential through our therapeutic wilderness camp. We run as a team and work together.
• Wilderness. You love being in the great outdoors. You love canoeing, fishing, swimming, camping, building campfires.
• Meaning. You want your life to make a difference. You want to work with people and see the impact of your efforts.
• Faith. You want to put your faith into action. You have a strong relationship with God, and you want to walk each day with God and take a risk for him. You know his love, and you want to help others know him too.
• Pioneer. You like to have a voice in your work, and to innovate and create. A cubicle isn’t your thing; you are in your element faced with a difficult problem and finding a way to solve it. You think outside the box.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to applications@
Closing date is February 28, 2023. Position starts Summer 2023.