Managing Director - Camp Peniel, Yarmouth NS
The Managing Director would provide leadership and manage the programs and operation of the Camp within the Policies and Procedures approved by the Board.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Administration and Financial:
- Works within the budget prepared by the Treasurer and the Board ensuring that we are reaching our objectives and targets.
- Works with the Board to set up a Strategic Plan (1-5 years) and for Site Development
- Explore government incentives both Provincial and Federal, as well as the many local grants that are available.
- Fundraising, and working with and recruiting donors
- Maintain interaction with our Baptist Association, churches, Pastors and contact people. Develop and implement a program to visit churches in the Association at least once a year. Promotion is to be done in the Community as well.
- Responsible for the development and marketing plan.
- Off Season work to initiate and develop Youth Events as determined for the Yarmouth Association of Baptist Churches
- Serve as a role model for staff and lead by active participation in daily running of the Camp
- Provide administrative leadership, direction and guidance to ensure all campers/guests are properly served and that the Board’s directives are carried out.
- Supervise and set priorities for Summer Assistant Director and his/her involvement with staff and Camp programs, retreats and rental groups.
- Responsible for the employment (within the provided policies), evaluation, termination, suspension and discipling of all staff.
Responsibilities- Policy Advisor:
- Identify Policy issues and make recommendation to the Board of Directors.
Qualifications included but are not limited to:
- Must have a high level of Christian commitment and demonstrated spiritual leadership and maturity in both personal and professional relationships. The Camp Director must possess a vision and calling for the ministry of Christian camping.
- Must be, or be willing to be, a member of an Atlantic Baptist Association Church in the Yarmouth area.
- Have practical experience in Christian camping and how it functions locally and globally. The Camp Director is the minimum age of majority, has a minimum of 4 years of camp related experience and a minimum of 2 years in administration, programming, and/or other similar experience.
- Post-secondary degree or a combination of post-secondary education and 4 years relevant experience. A degree in a related field is preferred.
- Must be a leader as he/she would be responsible to oversee the Executive Secretary (part time), Summer Directors and 20-25 summer staff members.
- Marketing/Promotion skills.
- Computer systems experience (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point). Web design would be a valuable asset.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written and be gifted in the areas of leadership, strategic planning, organizational management, teaching and developing.
For more information on Camp Peniel please visit our website www.camppeniel.ca
Please send a resume to board member Charlotte Minard at email@example.com or contact (902)746-0442 for further information