Regional Member Care Volunteer
CCI/Canada is Looking For Regional Member Care Volunteers
CCI/Canada is excited to introduce its new Member Care program. We believe that caring for our Members is an indispensable resource which is key to equipping and sustaining our camp/conference leaders. This is a voluntary service program.
The stated Mission of the Member Care program is to provide continuity to that of the CCI/Canada mission-at-large through:
- Personal contact, recognition and support of CCI/Canada members
- Pastoral care
- Personal care through crisis
The Vision of the program is:
- To provide at least one person in each Region to be responsible for member care within that region. This person would have a heart for God and an understanding of the camping ministry.
The Role of the Member Care Provider:
- Is primarily that of a spiritual resource and caregiver
- To actively engage in member contact by phone and personal visitation
- To provide feedback, support, prayer, comfort and encouragement where needed
- When further aid is required, to make referral through the Member Care Coordinator to the National Director/Office
- To liaise with the the Member Care Coordinator on an established basis
- To attend as many Regional/National events as possible to create awareness of the program and to build relationships
Qualifications of the Member Care Provider:
- Camping and Pastoral care education and/or extensive experience
- A vital spiritual life, committed to prayer
- Sensitive and creative
- A good listener as well as a good communicator
- A sense of humour
- Organized, energetic and outgoing
- The ability to relate easily to a variety of camping people (staff, administration, Board)
- An appreciation of isolation ministry
- The ability to adhere to strict confidentiality
- Recognition of the importance of interdenominational care and acceptance
- A willingness to drive and visit remote locations on a regular basis, as determined by the needs of the Region
At this time, we would like to invite those interested in serving God through this Member Care ministry to prayerfully consider filling out the attached Ministry Application form. Upon consideration you will be contacted regarding a personal interview, upon acceptance a time of training will be arranged.
We are excited to begin this ministry partnership together!