NLS Certified Lifeguard, Joy Bible Camp, Bancroft, ON
NLS Certified Lifeguard, Joy Bible Camp, Bancroft, ON (Posted: 02/07/2020; Closing: when filled)
10-week paid contract position.
Duration of position: June 24 - September 6, 2020
Major responsibilities, be they supervision/planning or everyday duties to be fulfilled
Including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
● Supervise all guests and staff using the waterfront facilities, whether swimming, boating or on
the shore and ensure their safety at all times. This includes establishing and enforcing posted
rules in effect during all camp hours.
● Assist with the set up at the waterfront: slide-dock, buoy lines, guard chairs, ski docks, buddy
boards, poles and rope for barricade etc.
● Participate in training facilitated by the Head Lifeguard, learn and implement emergency
● Participate in any training that is required to work as a Lifeguard at JOY.
● Facilitate swimming tests for youth camp guests
● Maintain order and organization of Lifeguard Shack and swimming area
● Assist in program elements as scheduled and/or requested by the Recreational Program team in
coordination with the Head Lifeguard
● Participate in a weekly changeover cleaning team, as well as perform daily cleaning tasks.
● Assist the Children’s Ministry Coordinators in Family Camp children’s programming and with
Applications can be found on our website at www.joycamp.ca. Applications can be found under "leadership". A job description for this position on our website.