Office Administrator, Camp Livingstone, Magog, QC
Office Administrator, Camp Livingstone, Magog, QC (Posted 12/16/21; Closing when filled)
Role Title: Office Admin
Reports To: Executive Directors & Camp Director
Camp Livingstone is a safe and accepting environment where children, youth, and adults have the opportunity to experience God’s love and to grow through the message of the Bible and the exciting adventure of camp.
Primary Objectives of One Hope Canada:
To present the Gospel, particularly to those having the least opportunity to hear of Christ, and especially to children and youth, and to disciple believers for living and serving through His church.
Overview of Role:
Empowered by the Directors, the Office Administrator, with the tools and resources provided, is entrusted with fulfilling the purpose of One Hope Canada both personally and within their camp, and is responsible for office administration aspects of the camp.
Role Objectives and Responsibilities:
- To help Camp Livingstone be a safe and accepting environment where children, youth, and adults have the opportunity to experience God’s love and to grow through the message of the Bible and the exciting adventure of camp.
- To support the Mission Team by effectively managing the administration of the camp.
- Ensure the Gospel is reflected in all aspects of their job.
- Manage the incoming calls, emails, and social media inquiries and deal with them accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Oversee camper registrations, both for summer and special activities.
- Maintain the camp’s mailings (newsletters, schools, churches, etc.).
- Take care of the basic accounting (deposits, payables and receivables, data entry etc.).
- Handle seasonal jobs such as Tuck Shop, ordering, and small events administration.
- And other responsibilities that the director sees fit to pass on
- Be a believer according to our statement of faith, and willingly abide by One Hope Canada - Camp Livingstone’s policies.
- Have a passion for the Gospel.
- Be bilingual (English & French).
- Good knowledge of computer software and programs. (Microsoft, Google)
- Be organized and able to plan their time well.
- Be self motivated and practice good judgement.
- A good communicator and strive to maintain excellent relations with the public.
- Strive to give campers, clients, team members and all who support and do business with the camp an excellent customer/supplier/visitor experience.
- Willing to work with a team with integrity and a pursuit of excellence.
- Teachable, flexible to change and recognize opportunities.
- Postsecondary education in a related field is an asset.
- Experience with camping ministry is an asset.
Salary and Benefits:
- This position is to start on a paid part-time basis of 15 hours per week at $15/hour. We would then expect it to increase to a full-time position by May 1st, 2022, with the employee raising their personal support, as a full-time missionary with One Hope Canada, for the remaining 21 hours per week of work. (for a total of 37.5 hours per week)
- Once the candidate has become a full-time missionary with One Hope Canada, they will be eligible to receive group insurance.
Memorandum of Understanding:
- Understand, sign, and work according to the MOU
Overview of One Hope Canada:
One Hope Canada is considered a Religious Order under the provisions of the CRA and as such, missionary employment with One Hope Canada is seen as following God’s unique invitation. Members, and those aspiring to be members, must be in agreement with the standards of spiritual and personal suitability, and are therefore required to sign a Statement of Affirmation annually.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Carole Richard-Murphy, Co-Executive Director, Camp Livingstone