Office Manager - Toronto
Office Manager - Muskoka Woods, Toronto, ON (Posted: 1/21/18; Closing: When filled)
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience FOR a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and across Ontario through our CITYCAMP program. We specialize in summer camp, day camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Job Title: Office Manager
Reports to: Program Project Manager
Employment Status: Full Time
Location: September to mid June at our Scarborough Office
Mid June to end of August at our Resort location.
(Accommodation provided at the Resort)
To assist in providing world-class customer service through the effective management of the Toronto Office (September-June) and the Resort Main Office (July and August), including overseeing all primary incoming communication with our customers, and ensuring that our office provides a fantastic first impression to all visitors.
Key Job Functions:
Oversee all incoming customer interactions to our Toronto office:
• Oversee and take all incoming phone calls, ensuring that each customer is greeted professionally and is redirected to the appropriate person.
• Provide further assistance and information to incoming calls that inquire about registering for our summer camps.
• Assist where necessary with our Guest Relations department, providing assistance with schedule changes, program changes, add-ons to their program, etc.
• Assist our HR department by coordinating and booking all interviews for potential staff.
• Receive and reply to all incoming emails, voice mails and faxes in a timely and professional manner.
• Greet all guests who come to our office, ensuring they are welcome and comfortable, and notifying the appropriate staff of their arrival.
• Assist our CEO program in the coordination of processing all applications and interviews.
Oversee and lead our Resort office (July- August):
• Lead a seasonal staff of 8 in the Resort office, providing encouragement, direction and strong leadership.
• Train and equip all seasonal office staff in order to run an efficient and professional office.
• Build into and encourage the spiritual development of these staff.
• Oversee all incoming customer and visitor interactions ensuring they are welcome and comfortable, and notifying the appropriate staff of their arrival.
• Manage the distribution of communications with our guests (phone calls and emails.)
• Manage our lost and found program for guests and laundry distribution program for guests and staff.
• Manage the “guest traffic” to and from activities during the day, including overseeing our Emergency Procedure to find a guest when one is called.
• Assist in helping our guests with activity changes, program changes, and other various administrative functions.
• Plan and oversee the smooth transition of our office functions from our Toronto office to our Resort office and back at end of summer.
Contribute to Customer Satisfaction and Sales:
• Gather requests for brochures and information recording request data for our sales and marketing departments.
• Ensure all requests for information (i.e. brochures) is delivered to our customers in a timely fashion.
• Communicate customer feedback to appropriate people and departments.
• Assist at trade shows, customer presentations, etc. as needed.
• Add email addresses (from contact form on website) to email lists as requested.
• Participate in/lead meetings as required.
• Assist with registration, marketing, sales where needed.
• Track purchasing and ordering of office supplies.
• Organize/update common areas in the office (redecorating, updating spaces, etc)
• Oversee the overall maintenance of the Toronto office building and manage related contracts.
• Assist the Finance Department and Foundation with administration needs and various projects as required.
• Participate in all corporate events including Town Hall and annual Staff Retreat.
• Assist HR department in coordinating events for full time staff to build community, practice the B.E.L.L.S. and celebrate fun at the office.
• Support the Senior Leadership Team where needed.
• Personal/Professional development as required.
• Proven ability in administration, organization, planning and logistics.
• A passion for customer service with proven ability in this area.
• Ability to inspire, lead and coordinate staff to accomplish set outcomes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional communicator both oral and written.
• Ability to handle multiple high priority tasks.
• High energy and positive attitude.
• Ability to initiate independently as well as work effectively on a team.
• Passion for leadership development, spiritual development, and summer camp.
• Personal values that match Muskoka Woods core values
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• University/College degree in Administration or Office Management an asset.
Essential Functions Required:
• Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with guests and staff.
• Operate office equipment that may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
• Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
• Ability to work 8 hour days in a fast paced environment.
Please forward all cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Muskoka Woods!!