Program Manager, Green Bay Bible Camp, West Kelowna, BC
Program Manager (full time), Green Bay Bible Camp, West Kelowna, BC (Posted 01/06/21; closing when filled)
The primary purpose of the Program Manager is to provide leadership, direction, and management of the summer camp program, guest groups and associated Green Bay Bible Camp events. This position involves creating “can’t miss” high-quality camp experiences that are fun, safe, and purely awesome while holding to our mission and values; helping create an environment where all who come experience the love of God in a real way. Passing faith on to the next generation by building and investing in leaders, strengthening families, and growing kids.
As well, the Program Manager is responsible for the recruitment and training of all summer program staff and must ensure that the required complement of skilled and certified staff are available for all programs taking place at the camp.
As the department head in a Christian ministry Organization, the Program Manager is to support and help facilitate the spiritual growth of the Program Staff in partnership with the Discipleship / Leadership Manager at the camp and seek to ensure that the department promotes an image that is Christ-centered.
PROGRAM MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
1.SUMMER CAMP PROGRAM
- Planning, organizing and running summer camp programs:
- To provide leadership, direction, encouragement and training to program staff in order to facilitate their operations
- Manage, organize, lead, inspire, disciple, and mentor a team of summer staff and volunteers to fulfill the vision and mission of summer camp
- Create the unique and crazy fun program and schedules for summer camp.
- Creating and implementing the WOW and ridiculous fun!
- Lead skill / activity / event training of all spring and summer staff
- Organizing all summer skills, schedules and instructors
- Ensure all BCCA accreditation and insurance standards are met Applying for grants for applicable activities and skills
- Managing a program budget to ensure budgets are reasonably met and monitored
- Ensure that systems for program operations are written down and recorded in an operations manual
- Deal with all disciplinary issues pertaining to Program Staff
- Develop and maintain a cleaning and maintenance schedule for all program and audio/visual facilities, equipment and machinery
- Maintain an active and visible role during all Green Bay sponsored camps, activities and functions
- Maintain a record of all programs and activities including reports from program and activity staff
- Ensure that the content, policies and direction of the program is harmonious with the mission statement of the Camp
- Coordinate all program and activity schedules, themes, and requirements with the management team
- Help develop and facilitate staff training
- Oversee the camp store and merchandise development
- Planning, organizing, recruiting, staffing, creating and running program for our year round guest groups
- Coordinate and facilitate activities for guest groups
- Be the lead program contact for guest groups
- Create fun and unique shared experience opportunities for our guest groups
3.GREEN BAY RETREAT DEVELOPMENT
- Develop new programs that will extend the camp's effective ministry to Churches / schools / Community Groups etc.
- Develop Summer Staff Retreat
- Family Retreats
- Kids Camp Retreats and Connections
- More to Dream
4.SUMMER AND STAFF RECRUITING - MARKETING & PROMOTION
- Staff care and retention
- Youth Ministries and School Connections
- Travelling to Churches, colleges, schools, to connect, build relationships, care for and recruit kids campers and summer staff to Green Bay Bible Camp
- Creating fun and exciting community connections.
- Being in the community and inviting the community here with fun and creative events
- Social Media Management
- Hosting Guest Groups: will be on a rotation to help with the hosting responsibilities during the year-round operation of the camp. This will include some dishwashing and housekeeping responsibilities
- Set up preparation and take down for rentals
- Stuffing envelopes at Christmas time
- Helping where needed. It's hard to list what might come up ... because it is camp
6. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- One of them being ... have so much fun! It's camp! laugh, play, smile.
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Works closely with the Executive Director, Leadership and Discipleship Manager and all year round staff to ensure programming needs are met. All hands on deck, so where there is a need we serve and support one another.
- Share in the responsibilities for summer staff and all program volunteers
This is a year round, full time salaried position
Two weeks of Holiday (extra week off around Christmas and New Year)
One Week Ministry involvement
Living Arrangements on site